What has happened to this group

This used to be a good group with little spam .... it seems now to be very low % DIY. When I first subscribed the FAQ owned then by Matthew Marks even quoted about keeping on topic. Majority seems cross posting SPAM, insults & off-topic rants
Have genuine DIY posters moved elsewhere .... ?
On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 18:03:49 +0100, rick wrote:

No, we're still here. You just have to make good use of your newsreader's killfile settings to sort the wheat from the chaff.
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

On 06/10/2019 18:06, Cursitor Doom wrote:

> I use Outlook, don't think there are any options like that.
On 06/10/2019 18:33, rick wrote:

Colour me confused. Your posts' headers include:
--
Robin
On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 18:52:35 +0100, Robin wrote:

Indeed. I'm not that familiar with Tbird nowadays, but IIRC, it had excellent filtering options and presumably still does. Forte Agent's pretty good, too if you fancy spending a few quid for better usability.
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

On 06/10/2019 18:33, rick wrote:

You used Thunderbird to post that message. If you want the cross posts to go away then have a look at the instructions I posted yesterday:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Newsgroup_access_tips#Filtering_cross_posts
--
Cheers,

John.
On 06/10/2019 21:02, John Rumm wrote:

its probably easier to just right click on the message and ignore thread on the brexit and commander kinsey posts.

You'd miss out on my superior knowledge and intellect.
On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 22:32:36 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"

Correction: "You'd miss out on my knowledge and intellect"
--
Dave W

So you admit I have some.
https://www.avg.com
On 08/10/2019 22:34, Dave W wrote:

8<

we can get plenty of knowledge and intellect at that low a level from rod and harry.

But I speak in English.
https://www.avg.com
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 14:59:39 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

But talk shit.

I am more intelligent than almost everyone in this group.
https://www.avg.com
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 15:46:38 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

That's teh sort of thing Trump said isn;t it.
I think it was after he went to 3 MENSA tests and added up the scores and got a total of 180 which proved he was more inteligent than most at his last MENSA meeting. It could have been a joke I guess but it's believable.

I don't know how intelligent Trump is, but he certainly has huge amounts of common sense. We need more politicians like him and Boris. And less left wing thieves.
https://www.avg.com
On Wednesday, 9 October 2019 16:24:17 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Well some of us do, to some degree anyway.

Can yuo show me some of this common sense ?

I have little use for fertilizer, but perhaps you do.

less thieves of all sort would be a good idea.

Almost every change he's made.

And the left wingers are the worst. Take charities like the RSPCA, the RNLI, etc. You are free to donate to them IF YOU WISH. But we're all forced to donate to the charity called the NHS.
https://www.avg.com

Not everyone is, most obviously with those whose entire income is govt benefits.

But everyone earning a decent wage is forced to pay for those people. Why should they? Why not make it a voluntary contribution, like every other charity? Nobody's stopping you feeding the homeless, donating money to dog kennels, etc. But you should never be forced to, that's theft.
https://www.avg.com