Way OT - NG sought for info on Newts

Sorry for the OT-ness.

Whilst looking for a newsgroup that knows about newts I have found msn.forums.pets.reptiles.amphibians which is relentessly American in its outlook.

Does anyone know of a UK NG that can answer questions about newts?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

What's the question ? - perhaps a combined group google might figure out what you're after...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

It's worse than American, it's MSN.

Try uk.rec.gardening or free.uk.nature.ponds (very low volume)

Other possibilities might be rec.ponds or rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc

(As suggested by groups.google.co.uk)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Good idea

Reply to
Richard

uk.environment.conservation ? I don't go there anymore,

AJH

Reply to
AJH

OK, who's going to be first to say there was a FAQ but it was "my newt" (minute)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

uk.rec.natural-history? Quiet but knowledgeable.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

My niece is an education officer for a wildlife trust .. could she be any use (fwd your questions to me and I'll pass them on)?

Our Daughter wanted a 'Reptile Party' (they were to look at / learn about, it wasn't bush tucker ) for her 16th and a mate came round with some of his collection. The aforementioned 'niece answered all the "now who knows what this lizard / snake / bug is, where does it come from and what does it eat" type questions .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m