VHS to DVD

Bob Eager wrote

Lidl are selling one this coming week - £15

Reply to
Jabba

I bought mine to transfer programmes from my NTSC tapes. I had to find a VCR that would send out a usable signal, as PAL-60 can be viewed but not recorded, and with that input, it works fine. It will accept signals that Hauppauge will not. No DVDs are available for most of the programmes I transferred.

Reply to
Davey

- Mike

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Had to go to Lidl this afternoon - didn't see this in the east London store I went to.

E.

Reply to
eastender

I bought a Neostar video digitiser for half that price and I wouldn't recommend it because it has an AGC system which cranks the video level and colour saturation up on dark scenes, making them unusable. Does the video-2-pc unit do that?

Reply to
The Other John

I've only copied maybe half-a-dozen tapes so far, but haven't noticed anything at all untoward. You weren't trying to copy a tape with copy protection, were you?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

No, my holiday videos. They play back on tv without changing levels but through the digitiser they pump up and down with overall scene brightness.

Reply to
The Other John

Noted. All I can repeat is that my Video-2-PC doesn't seem to do this. I had previously bought an EZCap/EZeeCap/EasyCap (well, the 'heap-of-junk' version) for a fiver - and couldn't make much sense of it. However, even with that, the video which it was supposed to be recording looked normal.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

My EZCap (the good one) doesn't show any of that behaviour.

Reply to
Davey