vacuum cleaner-comparison-best buy

Hello there, can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner (cylinder one)? Do you know any useful and recent test/comparison made by some consumers association reporting the best buy ? Thanks for your suggestions! Augusto

Reply to
augusto321

for Italy's version of our 'consumer association'.

Products recommended in a UK group (or misc.consumers.frugal-living where a broom would be suggested [1]) would not necessarily be distributed in your country.

FWIW, the 'henry' from Numatic has a good following here.

- only kidding folks... ;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Henry.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
waldocrawford

What are you on? Perfectly reasonable answer. Unless you're a frugal liver/Amish!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Which? don't rate it at all well. In fact, unusually, it gets rated DON'T buy...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

So that's a positive recommendation, then! Which? are notoriously flaky...whereas many people find it good value and efficient and reliable.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have used one and it wasn't great - I would recommend Miele

Reply to
me

If you have £160 or so, then the mid range Miele's outstrip anything else. Period.

If you have only £100, then get a Henry.

Don't bother with anything else.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Regardless of what Which might say, Henry is the best selling vac in the UK comercial cleaning market by a huge margin. Cleaning contractors don't ask for 'vacuums' or 'hoovers' they ask for 'Henrys'. Daily office cleaning is the toughest sector of the small dry vac market and the Numatic Henry & varients have totaly dominated it for the last 20 years.

Every major multi national manufacturer in the world has tried to better Henry & pals and failed miserably.

There is a very good reason for this........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But what is that? Is it really beyond the wit of vacuum cleaner designers to take one of the cheaper products on the market and make something comparably good? Yet no-one seems capable of it. Henry isn't earth-shatteringly good in some peculiar manner, but no other maker seems to get anywhere close to it. Dyson charge an arm and a leg, but they can't even make a reliable mains flex!

Mind you, I'd spend the few extra quid and get the even better steel-cased Henry instead, the NVQ250 (they ought to call it "Ron")

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Apart from a slight tendency to catch fire in standby mode

Andy Dingley

Standby mode? For a vacuum cleaner? Isn't "big switch" the appropriate control device?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Check

Shawn Hirn

Reply to
Huge

I don't think that's true - the latest report seems to be April which doesn't have such a rating for Henry. Do you have a reference?

Although it has to be said there is a design fault somewhere in the machine which stops the reduced power setting from working properly after a (short) time.

Reply to
Chris Game

Presumably for convenience, using the remote control?

Reply to
Chris Game

With a "snooze" button?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why not.

You can buy robotic vacuum cleaners that are self learning and do it for you. The newer models can be set to clean on certain days and automatically go back to the base station for recharging when they need to. The lazy bastards do not do stairs though, you have to leave that to the wife.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Don't have stairs or wife. Life's simple.

Owain

Reply to
Owain