Underground drainage damaged!

Hi folks,

Wondered if anyone here could offer any suggestions. My parents are having their driveway re-done with block paving. They got some guys in to do the job and when they were using the concrete breaker on the original path they also broke an underground drainage pipe which serves the house guttering drain pipe one end. Rather than let them do a bodge repair before they lay the paving down I'd like some advice.

There is a picture of the damage here:

beyond breaking it right up to the original connections either end is there any way of fixing it in-situ? I ask this because the whole thing has been set in loads of concrete and trying to remove it looks like being a task,in fact just trying to get a clean cutting point either end is hard because as you try to chip away the outer concrete the drain gets chipped or broken. I was thinking of placing a plastic sleeving within the pipe to repair it and then sealing it with some fibre glass system. What do you think?

Reply to
StealthUK

call a lawyer

Reply to
Tom.HollyLodgeSPAM

Get their insurers to arrange it.

-- snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Assuming they have insurance...

Reply to
BillR

Exactly! However, the repair still needs to be done properly and not be bodged.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

No, they don't have insurance. It's one guy who was recommended through a friend (and his helping hand) and from what I have learned speaking to him over the last week he is a jack of all trades, master of none. He initially said he had done block paving but it turns out he did it in someones back garden. He keeps telling my parents how he did them a special low price and never took into consideration how thick the concrete was going to be to break, so I think I know where this is going to head. So it's up to me get it fixed because I know if he undertakes it he will just stick a bin liner over it.

Reply to
StealthUK

I agree, gaffer-tape and v strong mix mortar.

Reply to
Baxter Basics