Underfloor water leak

I live in a one-story bungalow.

My (conventional) hot water system is leaking badly somewhere, but I cannot detect it ! It is not central heating water.

The water is being lost but I can find no sign of where it is going.

The leak is constant, as far as I can tell. It is not leaking from the hot-water cylinder or close to it.

I have checked outside overflows, and the sewers.

My plumber wants to start pulling up wooden floors. These floors are overlaid on the original concrete ones. The piping is, based on previous incidents, encased in rubber insulation.

The plumber says that there is no non-invasive way to even narrow down the area to be pulled up.

Is he correct ?

Reply to
Fergus O'Rourke

You don't really seem to have answered one of the key questions that was asked in response to your earlier posting. i.e. Exactly how do you know that water is being lost?

Do you know that your hot water supply pipes are buried in the concrete floor? If so do you (or your plumber) know where they run?

Tell us more about the "previous incidents."

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Ha ha! I think we'll be waiting a long time for an answer to this. ;-) If he can read this group and neglect to answer this question so many times after his first post, I doubt he's going to bother now.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

He's a lawyer. Surely you can't expect him to disclose all the facts before the court case?

Reply to
John Williamson

I live in a one-story bungalow.

My plumber avoided lifting our parquet flooring to put a new pipe in by having a builder take out a couple of bricks from the outside wall. This gave him access under the suspended floor.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

No, he's telling porkies. There's a simple way of isolating the leak without ripping up all your floors. Of course, he doesn't make as much money that way. First though, tell us why you think you've got a leak.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+