uk.gov emergency text message

The bbc news this morning suggested that the government long since abandoned means of sending everyone a text message to stay in due to the CV, would be implemented. So far, only one person I know has received the message. I haven't received one - has anyone else got one.
On 3/24/2020 2:14 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I received that message this morning.
SWAMBO got one today because she is having chemo, however I did not even th ough earlier in the outbreak they kept saying diabetes put you in the highl y at risk category. I have noticed recent advice both on TV, the press and NHS111 seems to have stopped mentioning diabetes.
Richard
On 24/03/2020 14:34, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Diabetes often goes hand in hand with raised blood pressure. It would seem (verify for yourselves) that one of the blood pressure medications increases either the chance of infection or makes infection worse, sorry can't remember which. That's why you should check for yourself.
If you are not a medicines for elevated blood pressure, the risk/severity may be reduced.
I have had a message as have a few work colleagues.
On 24/03/2020 16:15, mm0fmf wrote:

No.
Google 'metabolic syndrome' Too many fast release carbohydrates plus too much stress (adrenaline) and too little exercise alters the metabolism to produce - insulin resistance - visceral fat - high 'wrong' cholesterol.
These lead to - type II diabetes - obesity - hardening and plaqueing of arteries and high blood pressure and complications - angina, heart attack and stroke.
These conditions are not caused by the medication uses to treat them. Although for sure the medicine has other side effects that are undesirable
The only possible link that has been shown is between ACE inhibitors and an increase in infection severity.
In general the problem is with the condition itself - not with the drugs used to treat it. Almost by definition it is a disease of more or less couch potatoes and makes it extremely difficult to get adequate exercise and have a decent aerobic efficiency. Unventilated lungs are ripe for infections, It isn’t the virus that necessarily kills - its pneumonia caused often by something else that takes advantage.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 16:15:32 +0000, mm0fmf wrote:

ACEs and ARBs. Calcium channel blockers are OK though.
I'm on a CCB and an ARB!
On 25/03/2020 11:47, Bob Eager wrote:

didnt think it was ARBs =============================================================NHS coronavirus advice
If you have coronavirus, or think you might have it, keep taking your blood pressure medicines as usual.
There is no clear evidence that taking angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) like losartan will cause complications.
Updated: 17 March 2020 ==============================================================Who really knows?

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:51:27 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

This was from the Lancet. Since I can't stop taking them, the point is moot.
I have only just receovered from another episode of atrial fibrillation, anyway.
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 14:21:54 +0000, S Viemeister

As did both of us.
Cheers, T i m

Same here. Mate in the 'at risk' group got a different one too.
But both of us already got texts from the NHS as regards appointments, etc.
--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

On 24/03/2020 14:21, S Viemeister wrote:

I had the message from my mobile phone supplier first thing this moning and sometime during the day the same message for UK Giv
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 14:21:57 UTC, S Viemeister wrote:

I got mine on Tuesday (yesterday) at 21:15.
I assume that it was send out at different times by our service providers, I can't imagine Boris sitting their typing in every person name or selecting send to all contacts in his list, well I hope I'm not on his personal list of contacts. :-0
On 14:14 24 Mar 2020, Harry Bloomfield, Esq. said:

I've received two, sent as SMS to the same phone number.
There are settings in Android for wireless emergency alerts (for things like public safety) but they weren't used this time.
On 24/03/2020 14:14, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Yes, minutes ago.
On 24/03/2020 14:14, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Yep.
On my EE phone at 10:25, on SWMBO's Three phone at 13:05, nothing yet on my Vodafone work SIM....
On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 14:47:12 +0000, Mark Carver

My EE was 09:58 and wife's O2 was 13:14. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 3/24/2020 4:57 PM, T i m wrote:

Mine was at 09:27
On 24/03/2020 18:15, S Viemeister wrote:

beats me by 7 minutes.
--
Adam

On 24/03/2020 14:47, Mark Carver wrote:

Voda one arrived today at 12:50hrs, a day after the other two.
Received at 11.04 on my phone.
Bill.