TSB online is still absolutely dire

Numerous complaints from the site about wrong login details, failing part way through the login. Sometimes having accepted my login it reports the server is to busy to service my request. What a mess.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

So, nearly two weeks after the shit hit the fan the question is, why haven't you simply gone to a branch, withdrawn all your money, walked over the road and opened an account at another bank?

Reply to
The Other Mike

what branch ?.

The branch staff also cannot establish what your account balance is (or that was the case for a while), hence they cannot give you 'your' money ! (or in many cases 'your' overdraft).

Reply to
Andrew

If I used them (I don't), my salary would certainly have been redirected into a different bank by now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Because if previously happy with TSB, should be back to as was shortly? Unless you want to 'punish' TSB (and possibly yourself) by moving to a bank you had previously rejected as not being as good?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Other Mike pretended :

Nearest is 10 miles away and I have no need to panic, it is just one of the banks I use. I'm just surprised they have made such a mess of things.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I think finding out how much money you had in your account was a part of the problem - and the branch staff may well have the same information gap. It is hard to imagine a worse computer system than Lloyds/Halifax but TSB seems to have demonstrated conclusively that they can make one!

Present day TSB customers are former LloydsTSB customers whose branch was once in the very dim and distant past a TSB one and who lacked the initiative to move. It isn't surprising that they just piss and moan.

Reply to
Martin Brown

What do you base this assertion on?

Reply to
Sam

seems to work ok for me (Bank of Scotland). What do you find wrong with it?

Reply to
charles

Ah but which one is actually Ok I wonder? Metrobank maybe? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I learnt not to bank with the Toytown Savings Bank when I was still in short trousers and my mum had her account there (Dad banked with the Nat West)

A lesson that has served me well

tim

Reply to
tim...

tim... laid this down on his screen :

Nat West / RBS has had numerous issues too and I also bank with them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I couldn't log in to either the website or app. Trying the app asked me to confirm a code sent to either my home or mobile number, but the mobile number was not mine ... it may have been one I had many years ago.

By the Thursday, all was working fine for me. The mobile number had reverted to my current one and I've had no problems at all since.

It does seem that some people are far more affected by it than others for some reason.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The TSB was fine when no-one actually 'owned' it.

I had a Tessa with them and the interest rate was the best and it was mentioned on all the personal money pages as 'best buy'.

Then it was decided that it should have an owner and Lloyds merged with them. The wonderful Tessa rate immediately dropped.

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew explained on 04/05/2018 :

Because of the issues, they announced a 5% interest rate on the first £1500 only, of their basic current account. I have several times that, in my TSB account.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It was taken over by the Government and then sold.

Reply to
charles

If 'they' ever succeed in forcing their wonderful 'cashless society' on us, we'll be *totally* screwed.

Reply to
Chris

Martin Brown posted

What's happening about direct debits set up against these accounts? If the bank can't work out how much money the account holds, how can it decide whether to allow the DD?

Reply to
Handsome Jack

The banks have a good laugh when a customer does that, because at the same time some unhappy customer is closing their account, a new customer unhappy with *their* bank will be opening one! This is what happens when you only have a few serious players in the banking industry. The 1980s was a golden age for bank customers 'cos we had *true* competition back then and the banks had to truly compete for market share.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In article , charles writes

And then they realised they didn't actually own it so gave the proceeds back to the bank. Brilliant.

Reply to
bert