Treating woodworm

I spose, with relative humidity being lower in winter, that your timbers might be more willing to soak up the delightful poisons slightly more than in midsummer?

Reply to
Jimk

I wasn't thinking of using any other...

Reply to
Jimk

One of the many round tuits that eluded me earlier this year was to spray woodworm killer on the joists and purlins in the sheds. A search hasn't revealed anything authoritative about what time of year is best; does the team think there is any point doing it during the winter? (It needs doing because there was dust beneath some of the holes)

Reply to
nothanks

You can still get solvent-based treatment fluid which soaks in better all year round.

Some people nail strips of timber that woodwork prefer and once a year remove, burn and replace with fresh timber lathes.

Reply to
Andrew

VOC2010 has resulted in some preparations becoming water-based, so much more difficult to apply.

Reply to
Andrew

That seemed like an interesting idea until I looked at the Rentokil site, which says: "Some prefer softwoods like pine, spruce and cedar while others like hardwoods such as oak, ash, sweet chestnut and mahogany" ...

Reply to
nothanks

If you got holes they've been and gone. Does dust fall out of the holes if you tap the timber? That means they only went fairly recently.

I'd treat it, even it doesn't penetrate to any grubs in the timber it'll get 'em as they emerge. It'll also get any new arrivals.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I reckon its a rat with a drill. Brian

Reply to