TOT how not to load a car

Picture been doing the rounds for ages but saw it again and thought some here might appreciate .....

Chris

Reminds me of the time I had a couch on a mini roof :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

No photos (_SHAME!_), but a colleagues brother was on his way home during a bout of DIY, and decided to treat the kids by running the car through the car-wash. It whirred and flapped as they do, then the front of the car lifted and there was a sickening bang...

***** had forgotten the scaff planks on the roof rack. Cue screaming kids, VERY angry attendants and a wife making D.I.V.O.R.C.E. noises!
Reply to
Andrew Chesters

We once had a piano on the drop down boot lid of a Triumph Mayflower.

The car was so heavy (1 ton) in itself that we didn't obviously go along the road at an angle but it felt like it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

A Triumph Mayflower ?

Ye Gods.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

I once carried home 4 off 2' x 8' x 18mm chipboard in the 2CV I shared. It sat fairly low on the road but was quite manageable. I used to limit myself to six 50 kg bags of whatever I was carrying. The exhaust tended to scrape on bumps with 5 adults in it :-)

I really miss that car .....

Reply to
brugnospamsia

goto the bottom of the page

Rick

At one time we had two, even In Those Days it attracted attention when we drove in convoy. Brother in law had a Renown. that had a bigger back seat ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I once saw a pic of a 1 ton pickup, backed upto a tree trunk. the guy sawed the trunk, having it fallinto the back of the truck. Regrettably there wasnt much left of the truck after the tree trunk fell, it squashed the thing like a bug. The expression on his face was a real winner.

No idea where to find the pic though, online is a big place.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Here?

Rob Morley

Regrettably

expression is wonderful, that bewildered wildly angry wtf omg no way oh shit but...but... expression!

NT

Reply to
bigcat

What about overloading a donkey and cart?

donkey has a strange expression.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 03:06:36 -0000, Rob Morley strung together this:

Reply to
Lurch