TOT Cleaning

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of any dust?

Reply to
alan_m

It depends on the filtration system (if any) and if it is upstream or downstream of the filters. Also depends on the level of maintenance.

So a ventilation system can be clean or dirty.

Reply to
harry

A bit like the soaps on TV where all the boiler suits worn always look brand new and immaculate regardless of whether they have just serviced the tractor/cat/mucked out the pigs etc.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

when they do try and make actors look dirty, it's about as convincing as substituting a small toy car for a real one.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, but all those apparently empty ducts with not a fan or filter anywhere? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not always, some years ago I could see that mechanics at a pit lane suspected of creating a fire were all in grease streaked clothing with the fictitious team name on it or rather them. That was CSI. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That is a little unfair, unless something has changed in the last 14 or so years, in which case I could not think why. I'm told some of the bodies in Midsummer murders look slightly, ahem grubby. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I note that many of the "staff" in CSI turn up at a crime scene full of core blood and bodily fluids dressed up in expensive designer gear, especially in the Miami franchise. Sometimes the script hints that being a CSI operative is not a well paid job.

Reply to
alan_m

Standard fair for TV. Everyone always has enough money to go to the pub, etc. Unless the script says they have a gambling habit or whatever. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

May have all started in a Bond film ?

michael adams

michael adams

Similarly ...

Car windscreens in films are often spotless, even after miles of driving.

Wooden floors are beautifully dust free, even though no one is ever seen cleaning them.

Reply to
Pamela

i guess it's because they don't have the internet

Reply to
%

Cave floors are always flat.

Reply to
alan_m

What about star trek and the Jefferies tubes.

Reply to
whisky-dave

A great big Dr No - 1962

Star Trek 1966 -

michael adams

michael adams

The point was that star trek named them they weren't called ducts. I wonder who Mr Duct was. Maybe I'll go on dragons den with some Jefferies tape.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.

After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.

Next question ?

michael adams

michael adams

All those items are grouped together in a remote plant room.

Reply to
harry