The real trouble is starting...

Gleefully reported by the impartial EBC! :)

According to the Mail (so it must be true! :) ) countries are queuing up to do business with the UK.

Reply to
The Other John

ECB?

Reply to
Huge

I'm sure they are. Queueing up to *sell* us stuff.

Oddly, I'm one of the old fashioned types who think you have to earn some money before spending it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

which is a strange idea if you're going from one country to another as an economic migrant because you are most likely leaving your country because you can't earn enough to live the way you want. I didn;t think the UK was a cheap country certainly london isn't and most of the big cities aren't but there are bargins.

whisky-dave

Don't know how you can sleep at night Den. You must lie in bed fretting away.

Reply to
harry

All we need is a PM with the sense and guts to tell the Leavers that they are stupid gits and the referendum result will be ignored.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Somehow the current situation is very reminiscent of the episode of "Peep Show", (for anyone who's watched it) where Mark (David Mitchell) admits to Jeremy (Robert Webb) that he's going to go ahead and marry Sophie (Olivia Coleman), "out of embarrassment". Basically Mark had intended to propose on a weekend away with Sophie and had packed a ring. He then changed his mind and realised marrying Sophie would be a terrible idea. However Sophie then found the ring and without a word from Mark, said "Yes!".

In this case UK politicians are going to wreck the UK economy because they're all simply "too embarrassed" to admit in public what many people have suspected all along. That most of the voting public are a bunch of easily led thickos.

And that it never occurred to any of these morons who are now insisting on their "democratic rights", that the UK system of Representative Democracy, like many others, was expressly designed to obscure the fact that large numbers of voters, them, are actually pretty stupid.

Although obviously any public figure unwise enough to make such an outrageous suggestion could expect 24 hour surveillance and a really good monstering from at least three national newspapers. Along with scrutiny of a personal and family history they may never have realised they actually had; going back decades if not centuries

michael adams

michael adams

You think the leavers would sit by and say 'yes we were', and do absolutely nothing?

You identify yourself as an antidemocratic Good little Party Apparatchik You are the people we voted to leave.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Tim Streater

But not usually led by politions but the media. Which is how murdoch has planned it.

Well in theory we elect clever peole rather than criminals so they can tell us the truth and allow us to make a judgement. But the polititions are more interested in their careers and personalities and the media encourages this but why ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

You can tell how silly they can be..

some neighbours down the street are UKIP campaigners and pretty racist by their comments but they had a load of Eastern European sounding people turn up to tarmac their drive yesterday.

So they want immigration to stop but only want to pay cheaply for their stuff.

Needless to say the tarmac was done in an unprofessional manner, twice! The first time they just put it on the ground that was there and then had the nerve to ask if they could borrow my whacker plate.

The second time they dug out some ground, threw some edging along the edges (no concrete that I saw) and threw in some tarmac.

Its not proper tarmac either as they were told to no drive on it for a few days which is totally unnecessary for proper tarmac.

I wonder what the guarantee period is?

Reply to
dennis

No one has said they want immigration to stop. Typical Remain liar.

Reply to
bert

ey are stupid gits

Makes you wonder why they employed them doesn't it.

You;d have to ask them.

Makes me wonder how such a company can exist and why people kep employing s uch people maybe it;s not racist to employ foreign workers while our own ar e told to worked longer hgours for less pay because there are plenty of for eigners willing to work for less.

a few days perhaps.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In restrospect both of thse paragraphs are rather unfair.

The truth is that the majority of voters aren't interested in politics at all. As far as they're concerned anyway they've got more rewarding things to do with their time.

And conversely if too many people took an active interest in politics, public affairs would devleop into even more of a talking shop than is already the case, with every aspect of every issue being debated ad-nauseam; and with no decisions ever being taken.

However this day to day lack of engagement with politics and political issues does leave ordinary voters open to manipulation and propaganda of all kinds and from all directions.

michael adams

michael adams

Well pay peanuts and get monkeys.

Reply to
harry

I can assure you they did or do you know them too?

Reply to
dennis

Really? You yourself agreed with me that half the voters are below average intelligence, so why put such an important decision in their hands. We elect people to do what's best for the country. If they then ask us what we should do they are not fit for the task. True democracy is the same as anarchy.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Names, dates, times.

Reply to