Strange Meile dishwasher problem

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Reply to
Broadback

Something to do with rinse aid? Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid? (some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

In the old days, dishwashers had an exposed element at the bottom which heated up the air after the water had drained. Does anyone know whether warm air is still circulated after the final rinse? Or does stuff dry by evaporation because the final rinse is hot?

Either way, sounds like something is wrong with the Miele cutlery basket geometry. Does it still happen if the basket is almost empty?

Do you mean rust stains? That is normally a sign of cheap "stainless" with insufficient alloying elements.

Reply to
newshound

Which programme are you using?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Also if the water is too cool the muck tends to congeal back onto metal parts even if hand washed, so that might also be an issue to look at. I personally have never seen any dish washer that was perfect, so I never got one. Ask any owner and they say its fine except.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1 @squidward.local.dionic.net:

I thought Meile were perfect!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

They are :)

But you have to look after them... ;)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think their washing machines are damn near perfect. Their other stuff, not so.

Reply to
GB

+1

Try a top up of the rinse aid.

Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?

Reply to
Ash Burton

Has anything changed - like the detergent you use (or all-in-one tablets, or whatever)?

I've always used Finish Liquid (the viscous white stuff) but, of late, you can't get that and they've replaced it with a thin blue runny so-called gel - which is totally useless.

Not quite the same symptoms as yours - this gel stuff no longer cleans teapots properly, leaves brown streaks on plates and often leaves deposits on cups which make tea taste nasty. I suppose what I'm saying is that the results you get are highly influenced by what detergent/salt/rinse aid you use.

Reply to
Roger Mills

No complaints from me on their dishwashers.

However, their hoovers are not so good. Damn powerful and excellent filtration, but seem prone to bits falling off.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Nothing's fallen off mine yet, it has a couple of cracks in the case and the cable retract has needed stripping down once before and is getting a bit weak again now, but it's been doing DIY duties for a few years, so it may soon be time to drag the still boxed replacement (full fat Miele) out of the attic ... once there's no plaster dust around the place.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Miele however, are quite another matter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I prefer our badged Hoover. Cheap as chips, stacks far better than any other dishwasher we have ever owned, runs perfectly on a nominal 65C setting with hot water intake and doesn't get looked after!

Reply to
Capitol

and runs on Lidl cheap tablets. Locally rust marks are due to excess iron in the water supply. The water company always fails the tests but does nothing.

Reply to
Capitol

Our Miele dishwasher is not as good as the Bosch which preceded it.

Reply to
Huge

They seemed very similar - I had a Logixx which died after about 8 years and got replaced by a Miele and both worked well.

Certainly both are better than some piece of French junk I inherited in a house move once - forget the brand - went bust. Never cleaned anything properly...

Reply to
Tim Watts

At this stage in it's life I'd have to echo this statement. Ours replaced a "Neff" (same as Bosch in all but name it appears) however that was only a few years ago or so the Miele has got another 6 or 8 years to go.

If it lasts 20 years without any problems then the higher price for apparently less effective cleaning might balance up. That said, the Aldi dishwasher tablets I'm now using have bought it up to being on a par.

Perhaps the "Finish 4-in-one" tablets I always used in the Neff became crap right at the same time that the Miele was plumbed in but I doubt it as there was still 1/4 of a box left at the time.

Reply to
0345.86.86.888