Strange Meile dishwasher problem

On 28/04/2017 22:39, Huge wrote:

At this stage in it's life I'd have to echo this statement. Ours replaced a "Neff" (same as Bosch in all but name it appears) however that was only a few years ago or so the Miele has got another 6 or 8 years to go.
If it lasts 20 years without any problems then the higher price for apparently less effective cleaning might balance up. That said, the Aldi dishwasher tablets I'm now using have bought it up to being on a par.
Perhaps the "Finish 4-in-one" tablets I always used in the Neff became crap right at the same time that the Miele was plumbed in but I doubt it as there was still 1/4 of a box left at the time.
On 28/04/2017 14:09, Broadback wrote:

Has anything changed - like the detergent you use (or all-in-one tablets, or whatever)?
I've always used Finish Liquid (the viscous white stuff) but, of late, you can't get that and they've replaced it with a thin blue runny so-called gel - which is totally useless.
Not quite the same symptoms as yours - this gel stuff no longer cleans teapots properly, leaves brown streaks on plates and often leaves deposits on cups which make tea taste nasty. I suppose what I'm saying is that the results you get are highly influenced by what detergent/salt/rinse aid you use.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Unlikely to JUST give a poor result with the cutlery.
Bet the hardware that does the final drying is what has a problem now because the cutlery is much harder to dry than anything else.

Most likely the drying cycle is the problem, most likely it isnt being heated enough. The crockery doesn’t need as much heat because its usually well separated from the other crockery and retains the heat from the last hot rinse better than the cutlery does. I'd see if it has an air heater to dry the stuff at the end and if that has failed.