Sort of on topic: Future

In the future all factories will only employ one man and one dog.

The man's task will be to feed and walk the dog.

The dog is there to bite the man if he touchs anything.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

We should be there now. Why haven't robotics removed the need to work?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

If that one man was a Scorpio then yes, but luckily for us, only a 1/12 are.

Reply to
Simon Mason

THAT is not the response I was expecting from this group. FFS Simon!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason

Capitalists banning DIY!

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Pretty sure it was either Adam or Eve who came up with that joke.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

We havent even worked out how to get a robot to do the worst stuff like wipe little kids arses.

And it's a lot cheaper to have duds like you knocking on doors than to have a robot doing that.

Reply to
Sam Jackson

But that future is a *long* way away. For the time being, the robots need cleaning, lubricating, calibrating, and adjusting. Why do you think the service sector is replacing the manufacturing one?

Reply to
newshound

Good grief Simon! BTW, if you have been winding people up as I strongly suspect you have been doing - very well done indeed. If you haven't ......

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Your pet robot will do all the DIY, all you need to do is come up with the ideas.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They must be doing something, surely it's quicker to build a car by robot than by hand?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

His mind has gone, he is lost to us.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

He is cleverer and richer than you. Most are.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

DON'T WIND UP A SCORPIO.

Simon Mason

I passed on the text for an interesting discussion. Nothing more, nothing less. The text was sent to me. I did not offer or ask for an option on it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Have you just worked that out? Pillock.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I clicked. Fruity as a nut cake.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Clever people don't jump off motorway bridges.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

-- =

While most Americans believe that getting rid of religion is an impossib= le goal, much of the developed world has already accomplished it. Any ac= count of a =E2=80=9Dgod gene=E2=80=9C that causes the majority of Americ= ans to helplessly organize their lives around ancient works of religious= fiction must explain why so many inhabitants of other First World socie= ties apparently lack such a gene. The level of atheism throughout the re= st of the developed world refutes any argument that religion is somehow = a moral necessity. Countries like Norway, Iceland, Australia, Canada, Sw= eden, Switzerland, Belgium, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark and the Unit= ed Kingdom are among the least religious societies on Earth. According t= o the United Nations=E2=80=99 Human Development Report (2005) they are a= lso the healthiest, as indicated by measures of life expectancy, adult l= iteracy, per capita income, educational attainment, gender equality, hom= icide rate and infant mortality. Conversely, the 50 nations now ranked l= owest in =

terms of human development are unwaveringly religious.

--Sam Harris (An Atheist Manifesto)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword