Smart meters again

On 26/10/2017 05:57, sweetheart wrote:

We get a discount for not discharging our gutters into the sewer.
Andy

But she is too stupid to do even the simplest calculations like that.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Yes, you are that stupid.
The supplier doesn’t have to pay someone to read it, or you don’t have to read it yourself and tell them the reading.

And wouldn’t have to with a smart meter, stupid.

Yes, you are that stupid.

You're wrong, as always.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Nothing to stop you having clean clothes with a smart meter.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that he really is that stupid and why he got the bums rush from work.

Get a clue and get a heated throw. Its like an electric blanket that you use on the armchair or sofa to keep warm with fuck all electricity.

And you are too stupid to fix it.

Yes, you are that stupid.

And you are too stupid to fix that.

They can't do that.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Yes, you are that stupid.

Only with the stupids.
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:38:21 AM UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

.
So, I am stupid. I still dont want a smart meter.

True.

Yes, you are that stupid.

I wouldn't mind one just to have a remote readout somewhere more convenient than the present two. The leccy one is easy to read - but the gas meter in an inconvenient place in the cellar. I'd also not object to it being able to be read remotely, so I don't have to do it at all - or have a meter reader calling every so often.
But given I have changed suppliers twice in the past couple of years, it would have to work with any supplier.
--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:11:48 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I would have thought with your technical knowledge you would have pointed an IP camera at it! :)
--
TOJ.

Some things just ain't worth the bother. ;-)
--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

IME, they don't necessarily work with another supplier - and oddly do not work even when reverting to the supplier that installed them in the first place...
Also, one notable omission from the remote display functions is READING THE ***** METER. Lots of silly functions about setting budgets and consumption targets, but nothing useful other than current load and cumulative consumption (day/month).
Reading the meter itself is a bit of a pain requiring various button presses and waiting for the readings to cycle round.
Chris K
On 28/10/2017 17:48, ChrisK wrote:

Do they actually display the consumption in watts, or just the cost in pence?
--
Max Demian

Max Demian wrote:

Yes, they do display the instantaneous consumption in watts for the electricity - gas is only sampled every 20 mins or so - so cumulative only. Cost is not available unless the suppler chooses to load the tariff data - which they don't if they don't choose to adopt the meter.
Chris K
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 1:19:09 PM UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The Which magazine have recommended that people do not have Smart Meters installed. They gave reasons and I am sure they are good ones.
I will not be installing these meters ( water or electric) any time soon. I am still entitled to an opinion and to express it freely. Its a pity others cannot allow alternative views to be expressed without making non sequitur comments.

While ever the fools can't manage to supply meters that will be fine for decades.
Separate matter entirely to fools like you proclaiming that no smart meter is ever any use for anything.