Slightly OT: Netto are selling a tatty peeler soon...

How do *they* work??

Tatty peelers in general, I mean. How would you even begin to design one?

There ain't half been some clever bastards.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Design what, a badly-dressed police officer?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Even more clever is not to peel them. More food, more food value.

Yes you CAN have chips, roasties and mash with unpeeled potatoes. We're living proof.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Heh. Yes, they're seconds, so Netto are selling them off cheap.

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I like them with the skins on but Teresa doesn't, and of course she wins :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Is she a mother ;-)

Dave

Sorry, I couldn't resist that. Please take it the best possible way.

Reply to
Dave

I'm sure we've got one somewhere - we don't use it a lot owing to lack of accessible storage in the kitchen (we've stuffed it all full of other stuff).

If it's like ours, then it's actually a fairly crude mechanism - rotating bowl with a sharp perforated perimeter something a little like the lemon zester on those stainless steel square cheese graters.

Stick spuds in, bit of water, lid on, switch on for a minute. Spuds roll about all over the place and in the course of that fairly effectively manage to touch their whole surface against the outer edge, which removes the skin.

They can come out with a slightly roughened texture on the outside, and they're no good for the gloriously misshapen Anya & Pink Fur Apple type spuds. It normally comes out only when we have larger catering occasions -

40+ guests to a BBQ.
Reply to
RichardS

I suspect that most of what Netto sells is tatty....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Indeed she is, but she was not born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu in Skopje, Macedonia, on August 27, 1910. How spooky would *that* be!?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

That's how I imagined them to work but I thought they'd come out all rough and groaty.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

But the jury is out on proof of what, exactly.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Causes incontinent wibbling. QED.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

This is obviously an in joke,can we all join in?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We've never been brought to trial ...