Slide rules

I have a Faber-Castell Novo duplex which was a 12in double scale, giving twice the accuracy. Still with case and instructions. These are on Ebay for over £50

Regards

Reply to
Newman

Bob Eager has brought this to us :

I threw mine away, when cheap calculators came on the scene, I do wish I had kept it now.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

mine was also an Aristo, but not Scholar - ISTR Studio; Not sure where it is, though,

Reply to
charles

For all of you wanting to put some data behind that "ISTR", here is an online collection of ~500 slide rules, including such gems as slide rules with an adding machine on the back! Well, an "Addiator", adding machine where you move rods in slots with a pin...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

My slide rule is the Aristo Scholar 0903 version A according to that site, in a grey cardboard case. The reverse side is blank except for English and metric rulers.

Reply to
Dave W

In message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dave W snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk> writes

As is mine. 0903LL. Purchased around 1963.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I was taught how to use a slide rule at secondary school in the early 1970s, just as the first cheap calculators started to appear, so I was probably one of the last to be taught. I still have a Jakar No.29 in a green and white plastic case, double sided and with more scales than you can shake a stick at. It's got a pi symbol and the clear plastic slider has 'KW' and 'HP' on it.

My first calculator was a Commodore 9R-25, I probably got it only a few years after I learned to use a slide rule:

Halmyre