Selling house with self installed boiler

This is a purely hypothetical question at the moment, but it's for my peice of mind, and so if I need to do something about it, I can set the varous balls rolling now.
Last year I ripped out the two existing boilers in our house and replaced them with a very nice Worcester Bosch Condensing Combi. I followed every single peice of documentation I could find on correct fitting and comissioning procedures, flushed the system no end, replaced yards of dodgy pipe work, etc etc. I hired a flue gas analyser and also a gas leak detector and tested every last damn component that I may have touched. Ensured the flue was in a location that obeyed every rule and procedure, including the ones that are merely 'advised'.
Basically, I made sure I did the job that a complete anal retentive would have done, for peice of mind, and of course, for the satisfaction of a job well done.
So, to the question. I know that self installed gas appliances a fine if they're for my own use in my own home, but, what do I need to be aware of as and when I come to sell this property? Do I need to pay the Corgi man for an inspection and certificate? And if so, is it likely to be a royal pain in the posterior?
I don't plan to sell the place for quite some time yet, but even so, it's nice to know and be prepared.
Thanks for any and all response
Seri
Seri wrote:

The legal issue will be one of Building Regulations, as you are presumably not one of the groups allowed to self-certify the installation of a new boiler, you should have made a Building Regs application. This covers compliance with part L (England and Wales) and would cover upgrading the controls etc as required, as well as new boiler. It wouldn't actually cover gas safety AIUI.
You could get a Corgi to do a current 'Landlord's' certificate and keep quiet about having done it yourself.
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Speaking as a conveyancer, I wouldn't worry about it. I very much doubt anyone would ask questions about it unless the purchaser or their surveyor spotted something they thought was fishy/faulty about the appliances. And even then, all they're likely to want to know is whether it works.
David
David McNeish wrote:

Speaking as someone who sold me mums house recently, they wanted an up to date certificate of safety on the appliances.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

fine
the
likely to

doubt
whether
Speaking as one who sold my Dad's house two weeks ago, the purchasers and their solicitors were more interested in a 30 year old extension than any of the (1) re-wiring, (2) new windows, (3) new central heating, (4)new gas fires all of which were done in the last five years or less.
I wouldn't worry unless it bites you.
MBQ

up

I believe the correct legal term is 'compentant person' which corgi define as 'a person who has gained the nessary qualifications to do so'.

Just say nothing, if anybody asks for the paperwork, just say the plumber never gave you any, and have not been able to find him since!
Most estate agents when selling the property will sell it as 'appliences untested', putting the onus on the new owner.

Not correct. The law say competent but doesn't define it. Qualifications or corgi membership are not required to work without payment.

You can get a landlords certificate and keep that.

_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

How many Corgi registered installers have the appropriate electrical qualifications needed to legally install a boiler in common household locations?
--
Spam Rejection Email

Only a few but for a replacement boiler which has existing supply point and controls the only "wiring" as such may be minor works re-connecting the existing wires into the boiler terminals. The use of wireless link stats is also going to become prevalent. Many non electrical competent installers used to have a tame electrician who did the wiring for them. As long as he/she takes up the fat buffoons registration rules things will carry on as before.

Qualifications
and
is
I see high flowrate combi's becoming more common because of virtually no wiring, with mains connections via a 3 pin plug.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
wrote

Qualifications
I don't know. Interesting, but besides the point that any one can work on gas as long as they are:
1. "competent" - not defined. 2. Receives no payment
So, you can do your own, your neighbours, your mothers.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Doctor Evil wrote:

You are correct about the qualifications etc, however that is not what he said. He said that is the *CORGI* definition of "competent person".
That is not necessarily the same as the legal one!
--
Cheers,

John.

Qualifications
Only the law matters, not corgi. They have done an excellent job at convincing mainly their own members that they are "the" authority and only they can work on gas.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

And if I read the latest PHAM mag correctly they are now requiring all CORGI members to register every job with them, a level of control and bureaucracy that even JP would not contemplate.

It sounds as though the Inland Revenue is offering franchises.
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Evil wrote:

They are offering a service to send a letter to all installations telling them that it was installed by a registered corgi engineer. A BS letter. The installers have to pay for this standard letter.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

By BS, do you mean British Standard or something like JP's other literary efforts?
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Doctor Evil wrote:

..our deputy PM is not in the frame ..to gather more money is CORGI's aim ..they send out BS at installers behest ..to con the poor customer that they are the best.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
Thanks for the responses, definately enough to put my mind at ease. Think I'll ring around a few Corgi registered types and see how much they're going to want to issue a Landlords Certicate.
Thanks all for the helpful advice.
Seri
Seri wrote:

Don't tell them you installed the boiler yourself!!!
Owain