Seems James Dyson was right after all.

Strange how Bosch and Siemens only wanted laboratory test conditions used I wonder why.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Dyson was talking rubbish. His vacs have filters and they clog up. The cyclones clog with far less fluff and dirt than a bag does. They did introduce a cap on motor wattage. They also set an minimum efficiency. So what exactly is he moaning about?

Reply to
dennis

We've had a Dyson for 13 years and the filter has only needed to be cleaned about a half dozen times in that period. You're the one talking rubbish.

Reply to
Bod

You have a magical Dyson not like any other. I know FIVE people locally with Dysons. Every one of them has to repair something on it about once a year. Either the clutch jams, the motor fails, the handle falls off, etc. They're made cheaply, yet they charge a fortune for them. Rover quality, Mercedes price.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That actually proves my point! Unless you cleaned them for fun.

Reply to
dennis

Every two years ........

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Not all of them have filters, some have none at all.

They don't clog. Stop parroting rubbish.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So you don't want one of those as you want to clean your house not spread dust everywhere.

Of course they do, stop breaking the rules of physics and parroting rubbish.

Reply to
dennis

You are Dave AICMFP.

Those models have no filter because there is no need.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I use disposable hepa-flo filter bags in my Henry and in a decade the motor filter is still in near pristine condition.

Reply to
alan_m

When I've used a Dyson to vac up ash or fine plaster dust, the filters have clogged within minutes. Using a Henry gives no such problems.

After a party, the Dyson rapidly clogs the cyclones with streamers from party-poppers and the carboard disks block the inlet to the cyclone if they happen to arrive at the wrong angle. The Henry sucks not only that up, but the complete party-popper plastic casing with no problem!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The problem with all forms of cleaner since the microdust filters were brought in is of course that they clog. There would be no point in having filter if it was not required. I'm waiting for the story about all the people in years gone by who breathed in the tiny particles from the old cleaners who now have respiratory problems in later life.

The problem with having more filtering of course is the increased resistance to the airfolow this creates, needing more powerful motors, not less powerful ones. I'm always cleaning the filters in the Bosch, which otherwise is a nice bagless cleaner, but the give away is when the motor goes to slow mode showing its overheating and sure enough stuff is either over the cone filter or one or all of the others as well. All get washed and the water is disgusting, a sad reflection of the air around us. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Then quote the rubbish that he said, I bet you can't.

yes I know I have two.

yes I know I have two.

Who did ?

That vaccuums should be tested in real world tests not on just benchmarks in the lab. The same happemns with car but I guess you're happy being fed fake news about polution levels and MPG. Do yuo really think that running a car with doors, seats, and other wieght missing is a good way to test the cars performace. So you test a 5 seater car to see how well it performes with just the drive seat in place, brillent. You really liked to be conned out of yuor cash don't you.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've found that sucking up plaster glogs the dyson, and sucking up screws nailas and other crap cause the hose to get a split in it. We have a henrey and dyson at work, we use the henry for the heavy duty stuff and the dyson for lighter work the sort of uses it would get in a home.

Those are the sort of things I've always with a dustpan and brush. I've never seen anyong on our building sites clearing up rubbble and hardcore with a dyson or a henry use the tools for what they were designed for. For use here we chose a tool that fits the job. Are you the sort of person that uses a hammer and a jewelers screwdriver to knock out bricks ?

But does your Henry suck up household dust as well as any other cleaner ? You've tested bith with party poppers why not try actual dust, which is what vacuum cleaners were really designed for.

I wonder why people don;t want to see things tested in the real world but prefer simulations.

Reply to
whisky-dave

You need to think about just what happens to the dust that doesn't have time to drop out as the air passes through the cyclone. Then think about how having slow air flow through the cyclones so it does have time means no suction and explain why you think they don't need filters.

Reply to
dennis

How long d'ye think a manufacturer of vacuum cleaners would last if they sold a model that had dust coming out of the exhaust?

If you're that interested I suggest you do some research.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Think for a change.

You can't test them other than in a lab and actually compare the results. You being at a uni would understand this.. no you wouldn't.

Reply to
dennis

Maybe it was the EU, but why should they put a cap on such things rather than actual think and ask peolpe that know about such things.

You test them in the real world lab test are OK for technical specs but you realyl should check to see how much dust the collect over a period of time not just for a few miniutes .

Reply to
whisky-dave

If you think dust doesn't come out of a vacs exhaust then you are deluding yourself. Some vacs are much worse than others, vacs without filters being the worst.

Reply to
dennis

The henry is sold as a household vacuum cleaner and it does a good job. There is nothing sophisticated about a Henry. It is a plastic tub in which a disposable bag can be fitted with a motor on top, separated by removable filter.

In the real world people don't vacuum their house for 20 minutes each day, 365 days a year.

Dust from a DIY job is a real world application. In this case it is not being suggested that the vacuum clearer is being used to suck up hardcore but the fine dust left after a brush and pan has first been used to remove the heavy solid bits.

James Dyson is complaining about the testing methods related to obtaining an EU energy rating, and not necessarily about the energy rating if his own machines. The testing is unlikely to be real world situations. Do we only have graded dust in our homes?

Reply to
alan_m