Scumbag update.

grey Fablon.

The article is interesting though. Notice that they were deceiving the kiddies even then.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Personal attack? A little paranoid perhaps? I'm simply comparing your 'commerce free' input to my alledged 'tainted by commerce' input.

Campaign??? What are you on? I've placed a few - and it is a few posts about situations I've encountered that I thought might interest or amuse members of the group. I can't recall more than one posting about my van - which again I thought might interest people.

You seem to imply that I am spamming the group to sell my services. Think about it. I operate in a single postcode area, wheras the group is national/international. AFAIK only one member is in the same postcode area and one other is in the same county.

And what would be the benefit is trying to sell a handyman service to a group dedicated to DIY???

A reasoned and logical answer.

Sounds like a complete cop out to me. HSE issue is it? Or more likely you are too lazy to bother?

I've already contributed to the group by answering questions as and when I can and have written two FAQ's on subjects where I have expert knowledge. And you have contributed? SFA as far as I can see.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Who is annoyed?

Where did I ask for such a thing?

Again, where did I ask for such a thing?

Where did I even suggest such a thing? You asked me what *I* object to, and I answered, however I haven't demanded, requested or expected any change.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No you're not, your indulging in pointless personal attacks. I give what advice I can, when I can. If I can't give advice I don't give it. It's a common trick of the spammer to claim that they are an otherwise good citizen and to claim some sort of moral superiority over others.

I say this not to accuse you of spamming but to point out that you are lying down with dogs, and when you get up you will have fleas.

There was an entire thread on the subject and I fail to see what relevance it had to DIY.

All publicity is good publicity to some.

You hardly made a reasoned and logical comment.

No, it's concern about strict liability with regard to such advice, and also a large dollop of "this is recreation for me and I can't see much enjoyment in what you suggest, but I can see it causing big problems."

Then you are quite simply blind or telling lies. Or more likely indulging in wishful thinking in your desire to consider yourself a "nice" person and me as "evil" in some way. I have given good advice on many subjects here.

You are of course continuing in an attempt to personalise something which was not a personal attack, merely my observation that "Weatherlawyer" has a point and that you handed him the ammunition on a plate, with "please shoot me" embossed onto every round.

I'll let you have the last word, since you obviously feel that continuing to tell me how "nice" you are will work as a history eraser.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve, I'll type this slowly so you will understand it. Talk to matron, she can increase your medication. You can get help.

Welome to my kill file f****it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sadly, I have to agree. Though it seems out of character. However, I've only visited the site for perhaps the last 6 months.

Reply to
clot

He's a quasi WOP

what do you expect

Reply to
geoff

NAh - threaten to do his decking for him

Reply to
geoff

You possibly - this would seem to be a reasonable response should users of a group persist in doing so in ways which you feel are inappropriate.

I asked what you objected to, and cited "Discussing work done for clients? Including a home page in your sig? Discussing topics that you are involved with professionally?"

Your reply of "all of the above really" does kind of give the impression that you object to these activities.

As above. Did you not just castigate TMH for "continuing campaign of careful placement of complaints about other tradesmen, photographs of other people's work, your van (replete with advertising materials) etc"

Lets face it, crap tradesmen is one reason why many of us are here in the first place. Personally I thought the threads on "racking a van" and signwriting were very useful. As for photographing others work, it seems fair game when wishing to single it out for its particularly high or low quality - and at the least can be quite entertaining or inspiring.

I appreciate that you have not "demanded" - was just curious to what you anticipate / would like / aspire to getting from a group like this.

Reply to
John Rumm

Subtitles for the hard of thinking please?

Reply to
John Rumm

The Italian connection, olives and all that. The origin of the word isn't clear but a "greasy wop" used to run an ice cream stall when I was a kid.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

ah ok... twas the capital letters that got me looking for an acronym!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah, you mean Geoff is a racist?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Or a quasi racist

Reply to
Stuart Noble

With Out Passport

So called because that is how they all turned up in Septicland looking for a new life in the early 20th century

Reply to
geoff

I might find that a bit difficult

Reply to
geoff

I doubt it, most people seem to manage it while thinking themselves to be immune.

Reply to
Steve Firth

by marriage ...

myself and two other brothers

Reply to
geoff

` The most racially prejudiced guy that I met, ever, was the son of a Jamaican father and a Danish mother. Second most was the director of a Pakistani bank. Racial prejudice is universal, not some malaise that affects one group only.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yeah, well, whatever

I'm not, OK ?

so, before I start getting abusive - f*ck off

Reply to
geoff