Vulcan Continental Boiler Not Firing

Last night my Vulcan Continental floor standing boiler stopped working.

The pilot light is on but will not fire. The Randall 4033 timer is old and has been slowing down/stopping.

So, I had resorted to manually advancing it to an ON position which has been fine for about a month.

I have just replaced the timer with a new one and the boiler still fails to fire.

So, I guess that it was nothing to do with the timer.

The whole system is approx 23 years old.

What else could it be?

Reply to
John Huckerby

Managed to get the boiler to fire for CH. Room thermostat was turned down!

But still no hot water.

Reply to
John Huckerby

Turned out to be one of the motorised valves.

But now the thermocouple appears to have gone as the pilot light won't stay lit.

Reply to
John Huckerby