uk.d-i-y gone weird

Google archived uk.d-i-y has now really gone weird. Look ye here:

?hl=xx-bork&tab=wg&q=uk.d-i-y
?q=uk.d-i-y&hl=xx-klingon&btnG=GoogleDaq+yInej
Yep, you can view google newsgwoups in elmer fudd, bork bork bork, hax0r, klingon and pig latin.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Using Google just as a read-only access to newsgroups is certainly the best thing for other participants........

Reply to
Andy Hall

Google have always had a sense of humour, I like it, a bit like their special google image replacements on Einstein's birthday etc

Reply to
Andy Burns

On 3 Jan 2005 17:08:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) strung together this:

Weird? That's the best I've seen it.

Reply to
Lurch

I've always liked the way you can do searches like:

1+1 3 pounds in ounces 24 litres in imperial gallons 3 miles in hands the speed of light e pi 2005 in roman numerals

Oh, the hours of fun that can be had...

Reply to
Ric

And, of course, typing in a search term of 'elgoog'....although this isn't 'real' Google...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I like the fact that they have a UK version of Froogle now too. I could waste many a merry minute just pressing the Froogle title over again to see what people are searching to buy.

Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

Try "c in furlongs per fortnight".

Did you know it will do complex numbers and functions with complex arguments - try "exp(i*pi)".

Reply to
Andy Wade

Indeed, I just did that and was suprised to see Michael Palin in the list of things recently found. I hope they got him for a reasonable price - how much does an ex-python go for these days?

Reply to
Ric

If only it would not insist on breaking threading every time you post a reply to a message...

Reply to
Googolplex