Things not to do #41.

After examining your excellent new concrete works, discover that the flex for the concrete mixer goes through them.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Is that *before* or *after* the concrete has set?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I assume your mixer now needs a new flex.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Thankfully, before. Last look round the site, to see if there was anything else I needed to do.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

LOL you too ?

Reply to
.

I predict a long thread ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Lol. Well done!

My last mistake was designing a piece of wood to go where there was already another bit, and no neither could be removed or omitted. Quite tame.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

When you've cut out a particularly intricate piece of lining paper to go around an obstruction, apply paste to the correct side.

Reply to
Peter Lynch

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:44:18 GMT, Peter Lynch had this to say:

Or when you've designed and etched a printed circuit board with the IC pins the wrong way round, so that you have to bend all the pins the other way up.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Write 'PASTE' in big letters on the appropriate side :-) Likewise mark the scrap side when you're marking a cut in sheet material so you don't forget which side of the line you're supposed to be cutting to.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Or when you carefully cut a tile to fix around an awkward part of the sink discover you've cut it from the wrong side.

Reply to
John Kelly

Oh you do not know how this has cheered me up! I thought I was the only stupid D-I-Yer!

Reply to
Broadback

Or years ago, built a ZX81 on the wrong side of the pcb !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Thats easy. Cut the flex and leave it for 'time team 3000' and fit new flex.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah,,thats like the classic mistake in model aircraft construction..two left wings...

My last mistake was in not realising that on a mains pressurised water system, although turning the mains off stops the water...flushing a toilet and allowing the ball valve to open will result in a loss of vaccuum and scalding hot water gushing out of the hot water pipe you have just cut off to add a new bit onto..until the tank drains down a bit too..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually the thing that gets me is the recursive installation problem.

I need to install the tiles to put in the basin to establish the vanity unit height in order to be able to accurately cut the piece of MDF that sits behind the basin covering the pipes and which has to go in before the tiles are laid...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Is that not just a loop, instead of "recursive"?

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo

That sort of thing happens far too often for comfort :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

ETV