Re: There is a change in the GW climate.

+1
Also good to have forced more careful consideration and use of fossil fuels, because they become increasingly more expensive to extract.

I think the final step will be to claim it's doing something which is not provable (in any reasonable timescale), such as heating the really deep ocean where we've never had any temperature monitoring, so it will be impossible to disprove.

Since the last ice age, the earth has not yet got as warm as it did between the previous ones, so we should be expecting it to get warmer.
BTW, tonight they are forecasting temperatures will go lower than they ever have since records began, for this time of year. ;-)
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 23/08/2014 18:09, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Says 7C at 06:00 tomorrow morning - is yours lower or is that a record breaking low?
--
Rod

ISTR somewhere was predicted to be 2C, but I wasn't paying enough attention to remember where that was - probably Scotland somewhere.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 23/08/2014 19:18, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

The other day (think it was Thursday, but could be a day or two out) we actually got a touch of frost on very exposed parts like tops of sheds - somewhere around 05:30. No - I was not the observer, merely reporting onwards. This is in Bucks.
--
Rod

     snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) writes:

Paid more attention for the 7pm forecast, which is now predicting even lower. 0C in Scotland, and 1C in Northern England.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 23/08/2014 20:04, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

That's quite cool for August!
--
Rod

News this morning said Northern Ireland reached -1.9C, which is a low temperature record for August. No mention of any other areas. Only reach 9C here, but urban areas were never expected to get down low, as there was no wind.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:26:56 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Here (S. Northants) we did have just a frost a few Augusts ago, end of August IIRC, so a few days yet...
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
PeterC wrote:

Ground frost in Lincolnshire last night.
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 20:30:45 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Looks like the rest of the week will be wet and not cold at night. Tomorrow the forecast could change.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 2014-08-21 19:46:56 +0000, Dennis@home said:

I thought science was welcome on a DIY forum. Should be renamed DIYS - do it yourself science.
E.
On 24/08/14 22:58, eastender wrote:

Science is welcome.
The question is how long ago AGW the hypothesis ceased to be science and became a tool for increasing government power and making shitloads of money.
You will have noticed that people woth money always manage to take more from people with very little, and governments are ideal to make this happen faster and in a planned way.
When the little people have been bled dry, then essentially they will be surplus to requirements.
One can imagine a disease being set loose for which there exists an expensive inoculation.
Leaving the very rich in a rather nice world from which all the not very rich at all have been eliminated.
After all, with automation, who needs working people?

On 2014-08-24 22:24:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher said:

Wow - I thought these loony conspiracy theories were exclusivey owned by the American far right. The infection must be spreading.
E.
On 24/08/14 23:32, eastender wrote:

No dear, reality is spreading.
Judge a man, or a group, not by what they say, but what they do.
If you really think people are not lying to you on the media >95% of the time you must be green and wet behind the ears.

Temp here (Aberdeenshire) is 0.7 this morning.
--
Graeme

Science is welcome here. A key tenet of science is scepticism, at least until a theory is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Although anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is widely accepted by a lot of scientists, there's a significant body who don't accept it. There are at least three lines of argument: 1) GW isn't happening and never happened (even in the 1990's); 2) GW is happening (or at least happened for a period in the 1990's) but it's natural and we're not responsible (and there are subdivisions within that argument); 3) GW is happening and we are responsible. The fact that at least two of those lines of argument are perfectly valid and respectable means that AGW is a long way from proven fact.
Sceptical science is reflected here by the large number of people who don't just accept what they're told, like so many sheep, but who can and do think for themselves and consider all sides of an argument.
--

Chris

On 2014-08-25 08:14:23 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

No they are not significant. That's the point.
E.

Your opinion. Not everyone's.
This link references a long list of eminent atmospheric and meteorological scientists from all over the world who question the AGW theory. http://tinyurl.com/m6zvdu8 They may be right, they may be wrong, but to describe them as 'not significant' is blinkered and unscientific, and ignores their academic status within their own institutions.
--

Chris

On 2014-08-25 11:03:00 +0000, Chris Hogg said:

By all means keep posting propaganda funded by American conservatives bankrolled by Exxon etc - that's what they want you to do.
E.
On 25/08/14 12:18, eastender wrote:

sigh. Another conspiracy theory nutcase...