Re: There is a change in the GW climate.

In article ,
"Phil L" writes:

>> Now they are trying to string it out for another decade before they admit
>> they are wrong.
>
> Straws being clutched at I think.
> I've never bought into the idea of man made climate change, as far as I'm
> concerned the climate has been changing constantly since the Earth was
> formed, with or without humankind to affect anything.
> There are possibly a few good things that may have come out of the whole
> sorry saga, recycling is one of them - I can't see the point of burying
> steel cans and glass bottles just to make more, if it is done properly, it
> must be cheaper to re-use them.
> Advances in solar energy is possibly another, certainly not for domestic
> uses, but certainly for powering small appliances and recharging batteries > etc.
> Cleaner air can't be a bad thing
+1
Also good to have forced more careful consideration and use of fossil
fuels, because they become increasingly more expensive to extract.
FWIW, I don't think they will ever admit that they were wrong, the climate
I think the final step will be to claim it's doing something which is
not provable (in any reasonable timescale), such as heating the really
deep ocean where we've never had any temperature monitoring, so it will
be impossible to disprove.
is constantly in a state of flux and always will be, and nothing can be done
> by humankind to make it better or worse for our purpose, we either adapt to
> the environment or die off, just the same as every other living organism
> that has ever existed.
Since the last ice age, the earth has not yet got as warm as it did
between the previous ones, so we should be expecting it to get warmer.
BTW, tonight they are forecasting temperatures will go lower than they
ever have since records began, for this time of year. ;-)
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
In article , polygonum writes:
ISTR somewhere was predicted to be 2C, but I wasn't paying enough attention to remember where that was - probably Scotland somewhere.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
The other day (think it was Thursday, but could be a day or two out) we actually got a touch of frost on very exposed parts like tops of sheds - somewhere around 05:30. No - I was not the observer, merely reporting onwards. This is in Bucks.
Reply to
polygonum
In article , snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) writes:
Paid more attention for the 7pm forecast, which is now predicting even lower. 0C in Scotland, and 1C in Northern England.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
In article , polygonum writes:
News this morning said Northern Ireland reached -1.9C, which is a low temperature record for August. No mention of any other areas. Only reach 9C here, but urban areas were never expected to get down low, as there was no wind.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Here (S. Northants) we did have just a frost a few Augusts ago, end of August IIRC, so a few days yet...
Reply to
PeterC
Looks like the rest of the week will be wet and not cold at night. Tomorrow the forecast could change.
Reply to
PeterC
I thought science was welcome on a DIY forum. Should be renamed DIYS - do it yourself science.
E.
Reply to
eastender
Science is welcome.
The question is how long ago AGW the hypothesis ceased to be science and became a tool for increasing government power and making shitloads of money.
You will have noticed that people woth money always manage to take more from people with very little, and governments are ideal to make this happen faster and in a planned way.
When the little people have been bled dry, then essentially they will be surplus to requirements.
One can imagine a disease being set loose for which there exists an expensive inoculation.
Leaving the very rich in a rather nice world from which all the not very rich at all have been eliminated.
After all, with automation, who needs working people?
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Wow - I thought these loony conspiracy theories were exclusivey owned by the American far right. The infection must be spreading.
E.
Reply to
eastender
No dear, reality is spreading.
Judge a man, or a group, not by what they say, but what they do.
If you really think people are not lying to you on the media >95% of the time you must be green and wet behind the ears.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 22:58:47 +0100, eastender wrote:
Science is welcome here. A key tenet of science is scepticism, at least until a theory is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Although anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is widely accepted by a lot of scientists, there's a significant body who don't accept it. There are at least three lines of argument: 1) GW isn't happening and never happened (even in the 1990's); 2) GW is happening (or at least happened for a period in the 1990's) but it's natural and we're not responsible (and there are subdivisions within that argument); 3) GW is happening and we are responsible. The fact that at least two of those lines of argument are perfectly valid and respectable means that AGW is a long way from proven fact.
Sceptical science is reflected here by the large number of people who don't just accept what they're told, like so many sheep, but who can and do think for themselves and consider all sides of an argument.
Reply to
Chris Hogg
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 10:35:21 +0100, eastender wrote:
Your opinion. Not everyone's.
This link references a long list of eminent atmospheric and meteorological scientists from all over the world who question the AGW theory.
They may be right, they may be wrong, but to describe them as 'not significant' is blinkered and unscientific, and ignores their academic status within their own institutions.
Reply to
Chris Hogg
By all means keep posting propaganda funded by American conservatives bankrolled by Exxon etc - that's what they want you to do.
E.
Reply to
eastender

Site Timeline Threads