Greenhouse wifi !

Trying to get a wifi signal up into the greenhouse, house walls are blocking the signal from the router, have tried using those plug in things that you can pair up but the greenhouse has a different fuse to the indoors and it didnt work (also I want to use a tablet rather than plug in my laptop) any suggestions? NB we dont have a mobile phone signal worth the name on any network or I could use that as the tablet has a sim card

Reply to
Charlie Pridham

Can you run a cable from the house to the greenhouse? Wired is usually the best way if you can.

Alternatively have a socket added to the circuit which goes to the greenhouse near to the fuse board so you can get two sockets on the same circuit.

Cross posted to uk.d-i-y because this is in their territory.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Use a repeater ?

Jethro_uk

Or even a wifi access point on the outside of the house wall.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

The usual issue is that you can see the router, but the router is too deaf to get the signal from the remote computer, since its not going to be as strong and with all the interference these days you are lucky to get it to work on the patio! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa