Re: Enough sockets in a modern house

They're at 31. The house is 41 which was Lan Constructions Group Ltd - Building Construction Contractors at some time (according to 192.com) And there are too many panels of sockets for the number of beds you could get in a room. I think any sort of medical or commercial facility would have used bedhead/dado trunking. Somebody went to a lot of time to put in all those flush sockets.

This shows it furnished and for rent (which would also match the non-upkeep of the garden)

The "circular 3-inch sockets at socket height all over the place, even either side of the WC." are quite ddefinately lights. I suppose in a care environment they could be below bed level to light the floor for nurses at night, but this doesn't appear to have been a care establishment.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

This picture

from
shows that they are indeed lights - vivid blue ones in this room.

Reply to
NY

But it only works with a bangle over the wrist, ankle or bell end. According to those that use them.

Reply to
ARW

Lights.

previous attempts to sell

No that is at

31 Rushdene Road Eastcote
Reply to
DJC

But it only works with a bangle over the wrist, ankle or bell end. According to those that use them.

Yes my point precisely, their wrist, ankle and bell end are all surrounded by copper in that house!

Reply to
stephenten

Fine if whatever they're feeding conceals them. Otherwise, look like a bodge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ours are shoved behind/under sofas and chairs. Not in sight at all. With an added bonus that you don't need to move furniture to get to them.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I find 4 ways usually not enough. 9,10 etc are more useful.

No

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Indeed.Meanwhile the back garden is shabby and the fencing tatty.

What are all those round things in the walls next to the sockets ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Think, I'll go and stand in a corner now....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Lights, as you can see from the later photos. Weird imo but clearly that?s what they are.

Reply to
Chang

Definitely not in our case. The layout of furniture in the room has changed over the years (particularly since I got married) and at one end, one double socket is behind a bookcase and the other is behind a china cabinet - both immovable without emptying them first. A short extension leads from behind the china cabinet and is tucked away between it and the end wall 6" away from it. It normally feeds the cabinet lights, but often gets used for phone charging and running a fan in hot weather.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

As in 'South Chelsea' actually being Sarf of the Thames.:-)

Reply to
Andrew

I used IEC where all the AV equipment is. Takes up a lot less room than 13 amp.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Add sockets in the correct places when re-decorating?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Not much need for that these days. Given the house prices. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Very few places in London which aren't convenient for commuting into town. I'd not think Pinner special for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Pinner (et ses environs) is *especially* good for commuting though, as the Met line runs an express service (or did when I lived there) that could get you from Harrow on the Hill to Aldgate in less than 30 minutes.

When I lived in South Harrow, I could leave at 8.00, and be sitting at my desk in Marble Arch before 9.00. And that was with a 15 minute walk to the station one end, and a 10 minute walk from the station (Baker St.) the other.

It's all to do with stockbrokers in the 30s pissing off to Amersham and Chesham ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Perhaps you don't know just how fast you can move around London by PT these days.

I went to Regent Street on Saturday to look at the veteran cars (London to Brighton) Took 45 minutes door to door, including the walk at either end.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News