Sort of OT: Kitchen Faucet Recommendations?

I need to replace my kitchen faucet. It's a single lever swivel faucet with a separate sprayer nozzle. Surprisingly, when I called the plumber I've used in the past they said sure, they could supply one but it would cost much less to supply my own.

They recommended I go to a local residential plumbing supply company (Ferguson's) or Lowe's, or possibly Grayco (a local hardware store).

I have heard of lots of brands. Moen, Delta. I'm not looking for anything fancy and certainly not expensive, just sturdy and dependable. So, suggestions?

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

On Tue 16 Oct 2018 08:51:57a, jmcquown told us...

We have Delta in the kitchen and Moen in each batharoom. No leaks or drips, and they all havea ceramic cartridges that rarely if ever need replcement, at least not my lifetime.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

You and Dave keep mentioning cartridges. I don't know what the heck that means. What cartridges? It's a basic single lever faucet. Pull it up to turn on the water. Push it down to turn it off. Turn it left for hot, right for cold.

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

Oh, a biggie I just thought of. Be sure you purchase a faucet that has enough arc to the shape to allow you to place large pots underneath to fill and rinse. Janet US

Reply to
U.S. Janet B.

Excellent point! I'm looking at different faucets online before I go shopping... or I might just order one online. I definitely want one with more of an arc than the current one. :)

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

On Wed 17 Oct 2018 06:38:24a, jmcquown told us...

This is the Delta faucet we have. It has more than enough height, although you probably are looking for a single handle faucet. We have been extreme pleased with this faucet.

Wayne Boatwright

That's nice! I don't have a two handled faucet.

Turns out Moen is going to send me a cartridge. The rep was able to determine the model number. She said it's probably the only thing that needs replacing.

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

On Wed 17 Oct 2018 09:55:00a, jmcquown told us...

Good thing you were able to identify it.

I actually prefer a single handle faucet but David really wanted a two handled model. I'd had single handles for so many years it actually took me a litle while to get used to having two handles. :-)

Good luck with replacing the cartridge. Hopefully you won't have to call a plumber.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

We have two handles in the bathrooms. We like the classic look and easy enough to adjust

In the kitchen, I like the single handle on the side as it allows you to adjust both temperature and flow with one hand if you are holding something under the spout.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 11:24:01 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:>

For that extra classic look with a British vibe, install two faucets.

dsi1

On 00:50 18 Oct 2018, dsi1 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I don't mind that arrangement with two separate taps and if the woman in the video put a plug in the basin she wouldn't have to go through those contortions.

Reply to
Pamela

There is also a problem with a single mixer tap installed on a small/medium sized bathroom sink. Put the plug in, fill with the right temperture water, bend down to wash face and hit your forehead on the tap!

Reply to
alan_m

Fawcetts? I remember Farrar Fawcett with good thoughts. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff