Public indemnity insurance question.

This question is aimed at holders of public indemnity insurance.....

Is it true that:

Giving out the PI policy details to a customer upon request invalidates the PI insurance policy?

So if a customer wants to make a claim on a PI policy and the policy holder won't give the details to the customer due to this invalidity clause, what could the customer do about it?

Reply to
Stephen H

just sue the policy holder for the misdemeanour, if s/he has PI s/he'll claim on that

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

When my parents had some building work done which was being supervised by the architect, he made it a requirement they supplied photocopies of their insurance certificates with the quotes, which they all did.

(Otherwise, how would you find them after the builder has vanished?)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I am a bit confused here - do you mean Public Liability or Professional Indemnity?

Assuming PI, then I am not aware of any restriction in our policy - although one is not supposed to admit liability or offer any remedy prior to communicating the likely claim to the insurers.

Reply to
John Rumm

What point is there to this clause then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

or, indeed, know that they had insurance in place.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar