Printers Are Funny Things

to do it....!

Well what can I say. I have already stated that I can not get into the printers because there are no screws to be seen. I am certainly not going to be trying to split the cases whilst they are infact working to a point. I certainly ain't going to be pouring brake fluid down the backs of them and I am certainly not getting into the argument as to whether the paper I am using or have used. I will thank all for their contributions though. There, Baal, does that satisfy you ? James

Reply to
the_constructor

The message from "the_constructor" contains these words:

I think that in any printer I've ever had -- and that's quite a few -- at least the pick-up roller/s is/are readily accessible and that's where the problem occurs.

Reply to
Appin

You don't have to pour brake fluid down the back, merely brush the rollers with a little.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

But if I can't get to them, because I don't want to break the case whilst it is still working to a degree ?

Reply to
the_constructor

The message from "the_constructor" contains these words:

But how can you not get to the pickup roller(s)? I've never yet seen a printer in which that's not accessible. In fact, I've never yet seen a printer in which one couldn't, with a little bit of ingenuity, get at all the rollers without serious dismantling, though such may indeed exist. But if the machine is picking up several sheets of paper, the problem must be at the pickup roller end of things, therefore normally accessible via the paper tray.

Reply to
Appin

In message , Appin writes

I usually put platine cleaner on the paper, let the rollers grab it and then hold on to the sheet feeding it through more slowly than the rollers are pulling, so that it a gets cleaner on the rollers and also rubs some of the glaze off onto the paper

Reply to
geoff

... then you have a problem. I'm not familiar with either of your models.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

The message from geoff contains these words:

Good idea

Reply to
Appin

But don't hold it *too* hard. If it rips and you can't get to the concertina'ed bits that are left stuck under the wheels then you're even more stuck.

Reply to
PCPaul

Thank you, at last someone agrees James

Reply to