peer-to-peer renting

Hi All,

Freegler is a peer-to-peer community site that allows you to rent things around your house or workplace to your neighbours, and make a bit of money at the same time. You can rent anything from camping and sporting goods, gardening equipment, kitchen items, power tools, you name it, you can list it on our site. It?s free to list an item, and it will appear immediately after you list.

Check it out,

Melinda

Can I rent your sister for the weekend please?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I've tried searching by town - no results, county (several) - no results, then countries, UK, USA, Australia etc, no results

Reply to
Phil L

Careful, her sister might make Karen Matthews look pretty - this could cause permanant damage in the Oompa Loompa department :0

Reply to
Tim Watts

There are 13 items to rent on the site - all in Queensland (Oz). Still, it might be a good idea. It just needs to catch on, I guess.

Reply to
GB

Babelfish (fed on anti-BS thoughts) translation:

Some Aussie guy called Mark Bathie is trying to make his fortune out of a site he's registered which lets people rent things to one another - with him taking a cut of course. He calls it peer to peer 'cos that makes it sounds modern and egalitarian, and just what a surfing dude would do to save the planet - and not at all associated with him taking a 5.5% cut on every deal. But heh, Mark's really just this guy who's passionate about making a profit you know.

This spam about the business just happens to comes from Queensland University where Mark Bathie graduated.

Reply to
Robin

Sounds to me like a recipe for accusations, aggravation and law suits. I don't believe even Queenslanders are honest and even-tempered enough to cope with the very many things that can go wrong (from the borrowed lawnmower's motor going wrong to the little kiddy killed when the wires come out of the lawnmower). After all, this looks to me like a "for profit" transaction.

Reply to
Robin

Freegle in the UK is about giving things away for free (and I believe the name is also a registered EU trademark). I don't think this spammer has done its homework ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

I wonder if her boyfriend's uncle still has a spare divan bed?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yeah - someone steals from you, someone else steals from them and so on ...

Reply to
geoff

your house or workplace

Can I rent my neighbour's wife?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Why go for second hand? Why not new?

Reply to
hugh

around your house or workplace

Just as long as you don't covet her in the process.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

She does have a fine ass.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

like, I may decide to rent you for an hour.

Reply to
Mr. Benn

The OP refers to freegler.com and not freegle.org.uk which simply redirects to ilovefreegle.org. Where's the problem?

Reply to
Rob

Could it lead to confusion ....

Reply to
Jethro

Shouldn't you post a picture of yourself, as it is bound to affect how much she would want to charge you? I suspect it will be in the tens or hundreds of thousands in your case, whilst in my case ....

Reply to
GB

... it'll clearly be many millions.

Andy