Patching laminate floor after built in cupboards removed...

After removing a floor to ceiling built-in cupboard I have a small area of bare floor in an otherwise laminated floored room - the "hole".
The laminate is old, hardwood veneer & I don't have any spares.
I can find similar in style, colour & thickness but with a different tongue & groove style jointing method.
The long edge of the "hole" has a piece of laminate that was cut lengthwise to butt up to the cupboard.
Under the laminate is a layer of the plastic sponge underlay.
Any suggestions on how to splice/ brace/ butt / bodge all this into a reasonable conclusion please?
It will most likely have a table or some such over it but a reasonable attempt is wanted...
TIA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
Make it into a feature of some kind with a purpose? Brian
--
----- --
On 15/10/2018 16:15, Jim K wrote:

In circumstances like that I find it usually looks better if you try and make a feature of the patch, rather than trying to hide it. Unless you can get some flooring that is almost identical in appearance, its always going to be be obvious.
So that might include making the hole bigger to match some decorative feature - say to centralise it or make it a better proportion. Then perhaps a custom hardwood frame to trim off the edges and transition to the new patch. The patch could then be contrasting, or perhaps laid at 45 degrees etc. If you are going to have a table there, then shaping the patch to highlight the table setting might look ok.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 15/10/2018 16:15, Jim K wrote:

Paint the area of the hole matt black then fit a window over it. Put a little plaque there: Ye Welle.
Bill