OT: you couldnt make it up

Watching a program on rainforests:
"As many as 100 species go extinct every day, often before they are even discovered"
How the fuck would they know they had ever existed then?

Josef Stalin
On 09:42 11 Sep 2016, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

You know the info below. Perhaps you're feeling more grumpy than usual today. What's up? :-)
--------
"Because there are very few ways of directly estimating extinction rates, scientists and conservationists have used an indirect method called a 'species-area relationship.' This method starts with the number of species found in a given area and then estimates how the number of species grows as the area expands. Using that information, scientists and conservationists have reversed the calculations and attempted to estimate how many fewer species will remain when the amount of land decreases due to habitat loss. There is a forward version when we add species and a backward version when we lose species"

If they can estimate how many intelligent civilizations there are in our galaxy, this problem must be a cinch!
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 13:12 11 Sep 2016, Graham. wrote:

Brexiteers are able to predict how well the UK economy would do after leaving the EU and that's surely harder than estimating the number of vanishing species.
On 14:52 11 Sep 2016, bm wrote:

Maybe one of them will become an extinct specie.

Oh they could predict the disasters which would immediately befall us if we had the temerity to vote leave. And of course, they being experts, all their forecasts have come true - not.
--
bert

On 22:07 12 Sep 2016, bert wrote:

As I recall, the forecasts were for what happens when we leave the EU which is still 2 years away. Let's see what things looks like then.

Interesting how quiet the leavers are about all the 'benefits' they promised from leaving the EU.
Which are even further away than the two years minimum it will take to leave. If ever.
--
*Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.*

It's the remoaners who suffer from repetitive statement syndrome.

There is no minimum time for leaving I would have thought that article 50 is so simple that even a thicko could understand it. I suppose like most remoaners you haven't actually read it.
--
bert

On 17:10 13 Sep 2016, bert wrote:

Bert, we were discussing the promises made by the Brexiteers rather then the actual wording of article 50.
For example the promise of ?350m for the NHS each week, reduction in immigration numbers, an improved economy, easy trade negotiations and other mythical nonsense.
pamela wrote:

More Remoaner propaganda. Another who wishes to be governed by an unelected cabal in Brussels, who want's more immigration, lower wages, a defunct NHS, higher taxes etc. You lost, get over it and work for a free futures for your descendents, or bugger off to the EU!
On 18:59 13 Sep 2016, Capitol wrote:

Capitol, good idea to ignore propaganda.
However you wrote: "The Eurozone has 50% youth unemployment". Turns out the real figure is 20%. Oops
Now you say the EU's institutions govern the UK. Oh dear.
Are you sure you're not the source of propaganda? :-)
pamela wrote:

Yes!
On 23:04 15 Sep 2016, Capitol wrote:

That's not being said for propaganda purposes, is it? :-)

Discussions take several branches and remoaners are always misrepresenting the facts and need to be corrected

Be patient. These thing tame a little time. First we have to negotiate with the great behemoth which is the EUSSR.
--
bert

On 22:02 13 Sep 2016, bert wrote:

"Discussions take several branches". I have a cousin who suffers from psychoses and that is precisely the sort of illogical stateent he comes out with. You're not my cousin posting under a different name, are you?

EUSSR? I see. This discussion isn't at the level I was intending.

Remoaners get more childish by the day

Too high for your judging by the childish insults you throw about.
--
bert

No promises were ever made by anyone in any position to promise anything.
Even Boris was never in any position to promise anything.

There was never any promise of anything of the kind.

There was never any promise of anything of the kind. Clearly with Britain out of the EU it would be free to apply the same rules to EU immigrants as apply to any other immigrants as long as May isnt actually stupid enough to agree to something other than that. And clearly no BRexiter can ever promise anything about what May may agree to since she wasn’t even the PM at the time of the referendum.

There was never any promise of anything of the kind.

There was never any promise of anything of the kind.

You're lying.

They never promised anything because none of the leavers were ever going to be involved in determining policy.
And it isnt surprising that they are quiet about the advantages they claimed would be seen with leaving, because Britain won't actually be leaving for at least 2.5 years yet and it isnt clear what May will agree to on the detail of leaving either.

Weasel talk. Ask a large number of leave voters why they voted leave.

And absolutely none of that was made clear by the leave brigade. They simply conned the unwashed into voting for them. By making promises.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant