OT: Why can't people follow simple instructions?

Why can't people follow simple instructions? For example over Christmas everyone got a note through their door saying when each bin would be collected. Out of 200 people in my street, I was the only one to get it correct.

What do you want? A medal or a chest to pin it on?
On 08/01/2020 17:21, Commander Kinsey wrote:

that's why you are a commander.
On 08/01/2020 19:50, critcher wrote:

99.5% of people recycle junk posted through the front door straight to the bin unread.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

But it wasn't junk, it was information required to get your bin emptied so you don't end up with two loads trying to get crammed into one bin over xmas when you have more waste.

Course the real problem is the variations in collection day. When I lived in the US of A, the bin collection day was fixed throughout the year. If that meant it fell on Christmas Day, well then it got collected on Christmas Day.
Mind you, this was 1983 and they also had kerbside collection of recyclables back then too. When I returned to the UK in 1993 and started talking about that, I was given a long stream of reasons why it could never be done here.
--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do that
cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon emissions and
On 1/8/20 3:07 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
[snip]

Here, if the collection day is a holiday they delay 1 day until Saturday.
A lot of people can't understand that had have to have specific instructions for EACH holiday:
No collection on Christmas (Wednesday). Wednesday's collection will be on Thursday. Thursday's collection will be on Friday. Fridays collection will be on Saturday. Normal collection will resume on Monday.
Despite the fact the short version says it all, and works for ALL holidays.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 08/01/2020 21:58, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Here, normal collections for Christmas day were moved back and so other collections on other days had to move back. Our Friday 27th collection moved to Sunday 29th. Then our Friday 3rd collection moved to Saturday 4th. From then on it was back to normal.
To be fair to others, the notice was simply placed under the edge of the bin lid, where it could easily be dislodged and never seen and also about a month before Christmas, so people had time to forget anyway.
I looked it up on the council's website - not an option for many of the very elderly pensioners that live in the bungalows on the same road.
In previous years the arrangements have been different, with no collections on weekends and delays longer.
SteveW

Similar here.

Mine actually posted it through my letterbox. I think. Could have been my next door neighbour did that after taking it off the bin. I tend to put them out as I remember what day it is, and they bring them in as they're retired and spot them emptied first. But anyway, ours have a hook shaped piece of card, much like the do not disturb signs you get for hotel doors, or the things you hang on your rearview mirror to go on a ferry, so if it was on the bin, it was hanging on the handle and wouldn't have blown away. So the other people in my street have no excuse.

Really? I know people who are 95 and wheelchair bound that use the internet.

Not for anyone with half a brain, and it's only once a year it happens.

And yet now we're er.... about to reduce it again as it's costing money.

No, it happens whenever there's a bank holiday.
As I said above, the real solution is a fixed, immutable, collection day.
--
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
friend.... if you have one." - GB Shaw to Churchill "Cannot possibly

Not impossible to find staff who will work on Christmas Day & Boxing Day, but difficult. I think it might be costly, too.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Sky used to pay people TRIPLE to work on xmas, but it became very popular so now they only pay double.
Sure. Easy enough, too. On 31st, there's that Brexit rally in London. Get TNP to fly his model planes over, fitted with scaled down versions of those latter-day Gatlin guns they have on ships these days, and strafe them.
Pre-war gramophone needles should make suitable ammo.
--
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?

It's remoaners that need shooting. Why the fuck would you want TWO governments telling you how to live?
On 08/01/2020 17:21, Commander Kinsey wrote:

On the face of it that means that you are the cleverest person in the street. Quite a conundrum.
Bill