OT - White supremecy rules, in the bathroom?

Of course it will - unless prices force it to reduce. For all the moans about road fuel prices I haven't noticed any reduction in road use - and that's in London where there are alternatives.
--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Coloured bathroom suites are readily available but not in the sheds. In descending order of price ...
- From designer bathroom suppliers - From reclamation yards - From ebay - From auction rooms - From the skip outside the auction room* when they didnt sell
Anna
--

~ ~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation

There are supplies online, but you will pay big time!!:
http://www.bathroom-ceramics.co.uk/index.html
http://www.ekmpowershop5.com/ekmps/shops/cpbathrooms/discontinued-coloured-and-decorated-bathroomware-16-c.asp
Angela coughed up some electrons that declared:

http://www.ekmpowershop5.com/ekmps/shops/cpbathrooms/discontinued-coloured-and-decorated-bathroomware-16-c.asp
That's very interesting, thanks. Might even be able to get a cistern with a decent flush volume(!)
Cheers
Tim
Tim S wrote:

As well as fashiomasters, there are some other reasons:
Easier for the B&Qs to source a bath from one manufacturer and a basin from another and then sell as a suite.
Easier for you to do the same!
When the components are in different materials (china bog, plastic basin, enamel bath) it is very hard to get a decent colour match - they do pretty well in white but you can usually see clear differences in other colours/materials.
The market appears to prefer choice in style rather than colour. I'd guess a lot of us would prefer a choice of four different styles to having the one style in four different colours. (Although reality seems to end up with most styles looking like knock-offs of other styles.)
White is not going to trap you into a colour that is not appreciated by anyone next year (or maybe, no-one except you).
I suggest that you accept the state and try to see how you can cast a peachy effect around the room by decor, lighting, etc. Not what you want - but possibly a necessary compromise.
--
Rod

The same colours that were in very bad taste you mean?
Steve Firth coughed up some electrons that declared:

I disagree sir.
The peach in my old flat went well with two different colour schemes and went well with the wooden half-pannelling I put in (which was done in antique pine). The avocado bathroom suite in my rented house is also quite pleasant.
Maybe I'll give you the pink...
Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Well, thanks for the most interesting debate. At least I know it's not me being blind...
I'll go and buy a hideous pink bog now so I'll be "in there" come the next fashion trend; mark my words...
Talking of which - remember when we laughed at flairs, girly hair on young blokes and skateboards? All back again...
Cheers
Tim
Tim S wrote:

Pardon me, that was me mate. Had to ditch them to get a job tho.

after my tie.

The Natural Philosopher coughed up some electrons that declared:

The hair or the flairs?
Seriously - no offence intended, just an illustrative example ;->