OT: Which washing machine?

Total rubbish as usual. A modern machine may well use less water and energy, etc, but that's all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll admit to owning a Whirlpool - which most people here probably wouldn't spit on if it was on fire (bad reputation some time ago, apparently), been perfectly fine and robust for the 3-4 years that we've owned it.

Nothing spectacular.... except it's (intended) feature of being able to open the door for the first (I forget exactly) 20 minutes of operation (yes, the drum stops, and it's a deep drum to avoid any spillage), to add more washing - fantastic for the run-away socks trailing down the stairs. Even now, after such a long period of ownership me and SWMBO are amazed at how useful this feature is.

I'm not saying buy Whirlpool, but what I can heartily recommend is this feature, in any machine.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Quite right. It's now much worse! Avoid AA rated machines and Whirlpools that don't rinse adequately.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

There must be full moon tonight. They are all at it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I fully agree Richard. The older ones are rubbish.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I went to Currys to buy a front loading washing machine, looked through their catalogue for the cheapest which they didn't have in stock so it took a week to be delivered, it was a Servis, Gem800, Mod-M328 it cost £249.99. this was in June 1993. It's still going strong, the only problem I've had is a replacement door lock some 5 Years ago. Was I just lucky or what? Good luck Tom

Reply to
Tom

Yes - agreed but...

Excellent service I'm not so sure about. I've posted before (see

for info).

Miele did reply. Basically, they claim that our washing machine stopping and displaying "---" is a fault that should be cleared by restarting the program. They are right - but weather a 800 quid washing machine should need a restart (albeit only a couple of times a year and we do use it a lot) or not is something I'm not so happy about. Never had to restart our old hotpoint due to it crashing - not that I would ever consider another hotpoint...

The Miele is nice and in th same position again I would still seriously consider it but the "service" has mean a let down IMHO.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Heh

Our miele has this (I think they all do) and yes, it is used a lot :)

Not only for adding the odd sock either - handy for removing the bright red sock from the load of white washing before it goes pink as well :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc