OT Water Devining

And/or perhaps we'll realise it doesn't exist, or do you think we'll start burning witches again?

Reply to
usenet

We might perhaps understand some things that we don't at the moment. I saw something which if I hadn't seen it I'd never have believed it could have happened. I'll fill u all in on the details if you must the incident concerned some "faith" healing:)

Reply to
tony sayer

I'm surprised that non-one has mentioned Clarke's Third Law yet....

Not quite apposite, perhaps, but you get the idea...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Results are what counts, not theory. There are lots of things in the world that we dont understand how they function, but we use them anyway. The real question is do they work or not, not do we know of a mechanism by which they do or could work.

Unfortunately it is now fashionable to judge a tree not by its fruit, but by what a bunch of people (that dont actually know) think its fruit will be. And too often it gets called scientific, even though its unsound. But at least its an improvement on the new age magical energies nonsense.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I'd say to anyone give it a go. If you believe in it or not. It's a conversation piece at parties if nothing else. You never know, the one time you need it for real, it might work.

You can make a set of divining rods with two biro cases and a wire coat hanger. Straighten out the coat hanger and make two L shapes. Each L has a short side of about 120mm and the long side about 250mm. Put the short side of the L into the empty biro case. You now have a pair of rods.

Hold a biro case in each hand inside a very gently clenched fist so that the case is vertical, and the wire free to rotate inside the case, your elbows tucked gently against you side and your forearms parallel with the ground. Tip you hands slightly forward just enough to bring the rods parallel in front of you. Try it in the garden or on a patio. Walk slowly around keeping the rods parallel in front of you. The rods will cross to give an indication.

I'm making no comment. People are amazed just to see the things cross, when they're trying to keep them straight. The odd thing is when they start crossing at the same location with different people.

I don't bother with controlled scientific conditions, just did it for fun.

But the one time I did use it to find the manhole cover under a patio, My mate stayed inside while I used the rods to find a spot. Then he came outside and got a reading in the same place. We were right over it.

Reply to
BillP

How on earth would someone find water in ireland? Dig into the ground with the coathangars? Use the biro to write "X marks the spot anywhere on this map of Ireland"?

I have a book on water divining.

Ex library stock.

Slightly foxed, fair condition except for blank front page slightly ripped and Stoke on Trent library stamp on some of the pages.

Title:

Dowsing techniques and applications

Tom Graves

Publisher:

Turnstone Books

First edition (1976)

If anyone wold like to buy this valuable asset, please contact BigWallop or the other d*****ad. Or post a reply to this thread.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Or:

scroll down a bit!

What a weird site...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I wish I'd thought of selling them at £4.38 Bargain. Must be a gold plated coat hanger :-)

Reply to
BillP

Oxygen-free copper actually.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Ah, so when you've finished 'Water Devining' (sic) you can re-use the divining rods to connect up your hi-fi!

Reply to
usenet

In message , BillP wrote

Probably because the ground dips in that location

Reply to
Alan