OT - was Re: eating fox (Aldi)

In the same vein as the branded/own brand/generic discussion going on elsewhere, I have the following to ask....
What is the difference (in production terms) between Freshly squeezed orange juice, Fresh Orange juice (such as tropicana), Orange jiuce made from concentrate, and any other form of juice. I'm only talking here about the 100% OJs - not the plastic e-number stuffed 'Sunny Delight' style products.
I spent a few minutes yesterday trying to determine the difference from the usual calorific/fat/energy/vitamin per 100ml content info on some of the cartons, but got pretty much nowhere. Is there an *easy* way to tell from the packaging which type of product I might be buying? And before you all respond with the 'learn to read' messages, I'm talking here about the marketing language that may be used to disguise one product as another....and the relative 'goodness factor' that might be missing in certain of these brands.
Hope it's not *too* OT for the group....
Tim
On Sun, 09 May 2004 17:16:46 +0100, Tim Nicholson

Try tasting them - the difference will be immediately obvious,
IIRC, they have to say if the juice is made from or has a proportion from concentrate.
At the other end, if it says "freshly squeezed", as long as there is no concentrate content then it is just that.
Another clue is how long the "best before" is. For the freshly squeezed it is normally the next day latest.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I suggest you consult The Food Commission on http://www.foodcomm.org.uk /, their magazine, The Food Magazine, is an eye opener.
Mary, no interest except as a subscriber.