OT: Visit from yesterday's ebay buyer!

[BTW the "OT" is a courtesy to readers of uk d-i-y, which is where I usually 'live']

Thought this might amuse...

Sold something on ebay recently, and my buyer had a sufficiently unusual-sounding email address to prompt me, as a nosey bugger, to type "www" in front of it and bung it into my web brower. Well, well - turns out to be a "swinger's" site; lots of full-colour gynaecological and acrobatic pictures and details of how I can meet up with lots of like-minded people in my area for 'parties' - photo of grotty-looking caravan and awning helpfully included to set the scene. I couldn't resist entering the URL into

and sure enough - up pops my buyer's name: I've just sold to the Head Honcho.

The item was quite large, so the buyer arranged to come and collect it yesterday (not saying what it was as it was unusual for anyone sufficiently curious and time-rich - and sad? - to identitify the item and buyer!) Very unassuming little man; nice bloke (but did cause SWMBO to say later "eeew, who on earth would want to...), pitches up in this old ex-ambulance, which was intriguing - all the couches were still in place and there was a substantial curtained-off area all down one side. "Wow, that's really something", says I brightly, "so what do you use it for?" "Oh - er- just moving stuff around really".

So we lugged the item over but it wouldn't fit because of the partition. Me: "Can't you just unscrew that?" pointing to fairly flimsy supporting pole, screwed to the floor/ceiling, around which this all-encompassing curtain was hanging. "Er... er... yes I suppose so", he says. So I get fetch the screwdriver and stand watching behind the ambulance (heh, heh) and making small talk with the guy while he unscrews the pole while at the same time desperately trying to hold up the curtain. He finally succeeds and we then haul the widget into the vehicle, him still managing to keep his curtain in place. I never did find out what was behind it but he finally drove away - sweating a bit - without me finding out.

I'm now trying to think up a suitably witty double-entendre to leave him as ebay feedback: any ideas?!!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Buyer bent over backwards to ensure smooth transaction. Thanks for coming :o)

or

I didn't think he was going to get it in at first, but he managed.

-- Him & Her.

Find "Her" on eBay @

"Him" on eBay @
school funds @

Him & Her

No, but I'm wondering if it was Guy King ... he knows what's behind the curtain!

Nice story!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Eh? I can't abide caravans.

Reply to
Guy King

Great transaction. Sticky moment when he picked up the wrong car keys...

or,

Like minded ebayer. Transaction went with a swing...

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

has to be BOTH !! LOL

Reply to
.

Some excellent suggestions so far!!

Not sure I'd go for the "like-minded ebayer" though, judging by the way he was eyeing up SWMBO, and bearing in mind he has my address...!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Just post his site's URL as feedback.

Ah , wait , thats banned isn't it

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Some cracking suggestions so far!!

Not sure I'd go for the "like-minded ebayer" though, judging by the way he was eyeing up SWMBO, and bearing in mind he has my address...!

David

Reply to
Lobster

hehe

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

There's really no need to boast.

;-)

Reply to
Tony Polson

Reply to
PeTe33

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Managed to fit massive tool in box - despite Pole.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"Great buyer who swung by to take my package in the back entrance - of his van"

Reply to
Swampy Bogtrotter

Why not just: "collected wghen arranged. good buyer, no problems".

His sexual preferences, and his websites, are none of your business (and certainly nothing to do with with future customers/sellers), so why mention it at all?

Reply to
bigegg

Oo-er Big Egg...You the buyer then *Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape*? :-))

Seriously, must agree with your post.

It would sound fun to some reading and would probably just be a joke between buyer and seller...Oh and the readers of this group!!!

T.W.

Reply to
The Wizard

You might want to visit google and / or eBay .... see if you can find a sense of humour

Reply to
Gizmo

This was the winner! I wish I could share with you what the item actually was that I sold, as I substituted that for the word "it" - but I'd better not, as explained earlier.

SWMBO is totally aghast. "Christ, he'll think you're encouraging him!"

David

Reply to
Lobster

This was the winner! I wish I could share with you what the item actually was that I sold, as I substituted that for the word "it" - but better not, as explained earlier.

SWMBO is totally aghast. "Christ, he'll think you're encouraging him!"

David

Reply to
Lobster

Woohoo ! what did I win ? :o)