OT: Useless Hermes

We had a parcel delivered in error by Hermes, had it been local I would hav e popped it round myself but it was the other side of town. Tried to contac t Hermes but of course there is no phone number to call, the only means of contact was email and wait 48 hours or their live chat facility. Went on li ve chat, I was customer 143, eventually got to deal with someone who then w anted to ask me 20 questions about the misdirected parcel even though I had already given him the address where it could be picked up. I conceded on t he Parcel ID No. and told him to get someone round ASAP. Next I get an emai l from them saying that the case needed to be investigated and it was being escalated to the next level of management. Since then I have received two more emails in a similar vein basically squabbling amongst themselves who w as to blame. In the meantime someone is waiting on their parcel wondering w here it is, and it is still here. I would have thought the priority would h ave been the customer, get the parcel collected and delivered and sort out the fault afterwards. I have emailed them expressing my incredulity at the process to get someone off their arse and collect a parcel. I certainly wil l not be using Hermes and if they do not get their act together soon, as it appears the parcel is clothes, it will be ending up in the charity shop.

Hmmm ! Feel better for getting that off my t*ts.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well, It seems to be a common problem when delivery fails for the various companies to have not the slightest idea of how to sort it. As you say the obvious thing is to raise a collect note, email it to you and you print it out and attach it then they collect the parcel and start afresh. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

[...]

ha, not with some of today's couriers

ne off their arse and collect a parcel. I certainly will not be using Herme s and if they do not get their act together soon, as it appears the parcel is clothes, it will be ending up in the charity shop.

I believe you need to give them 6 months to collect it before disposing, ot herwise it's theft.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In article , Tricky Dicky writes

Perhaps take it down to your nearest Hermes Collection Point and repost it?

Reply to
bert

The simple answer to that is drop it at the nearest (open) police station. Why should you store an item, make arrangements for the collection of it and stay in for it to be collected at the courier's convenience, when it is nothing to do with you?

Alternatively email them, informing them that you are charging for yuor time to deal with the problem, time waiting in during the eventually agreed collection slot and daily storage fees in the meantime.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

[...]

, otherwise it's theft.

police won't take it you're legally obliged to keep & let them take it, so storage fees won't fl y. need to not take it in the first place, when possible.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I wouldnt make it easy for them by you sorting it however I had a similar situation (not hermes) I put it on facebook the name of the recipient and the area they lived in and they contacted me within 24 hours and came and collected it.

Reply to
ss

Can you find out who it's from (open it if necessary), contact the sender (may be a business,so more traceable and have a phone number) and tell them that you have their parcel and Hermes are refusing to come and take it back?

The sender is paying Hermes; Hermes may be more likely to listen to them.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

So you did make it easy for them by sorting it.

Reply to
bert

Don't give them an option. Just leave it on the desk and walk. It's basically lost property.

Alternatively, if I am obliged to keep it and the courier is not willing to meet my needs. I'll just leave it on the front step - that is my storage place for it! I have not agreed to receive someone else's property and I certainly haven't agreed to give them space in my house to store it.

In reality, I am cooperative and would actually make reasonable efforts to get it where it belongs - I redelivered an item myself, earlier this week. But in a case where I had contacted the courier and they had not immediately made arrangements to collect it at a time and place that was reasonably convenient to me, I would consider that I had fulfilled my obligations and that they had effectively informed me that they were not interested in collecting it.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I never told the delivery company I had sorted it.

Reply to
ss

[...]

ng, otherwise it's theft.

try it & let us know. I've a feeling it won't go well

illegal

the law says you did when you took it in

the law has volunteered you

Reply to
tabbypurr

Police station? Not seen one of those for many years. There are police contact points, seemingly shops who act as a place that sometimes a police person can be found at certain hours, normally staffed by volunteers or part of a shop like some sub post offices, or alternately you can get them on Facebook. grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

[...]

chard

Do you visit a Hermes pick up shop (Ours is a One Stop) if so leave it with them next time yo ur visit.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Brian Gaff was thinking very hard :

:')

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Is this really the first and only mail of any sort you've had delivered wrongly?

Or is it just an excuse for a rant against Hermes?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
[snip]

+1

I got a delivery slot, an email saying it would be delivered later and an email saying delivery had been unsuccessful and they would try the next day. I contacted Hermes (there is a number actually) and the person there (who was very pleasant) said it had been subcontracted to a local courier and she would get their manager to phone me.

I got a call from a courier about 7pm. I was admittedly a bit irritable and challenged the claim they had attempted delivery earler. His response was that he did not work for Hermes, it was nothing to do with him and if I wanted to complain I could do so but it would achieve nothing. Did I want my parcel or did I not? If I wanted it I could go down the stairs and pick it up from his van. When there he was rude and confrontational.

I would do all I can to avoid these people.

Reply to
Scott

Hope you never sit on a jury. All you do is invent your own 'facts'

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've has three parcels deliver here by Hermes this week. And sent off two by them which have also arrived OK.

Should I start a new thread about how marvellous they are on the basis of this tiny sample?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)