OT: Unfranked stamps?

Only if the other party is willing to accept them, which they are under no obligation to do. Nor, for that matter, are they obliged to accept Bank of England bank notes, or any other form of payment you may offer. Even in payment of a debt, there is no obligation on the person due the debt actually to accept payment in the exact amount of legal tender. All that happens is that, if such payment is refused, the refusal is classed as unreasonable and no action can be taken for non-payment of the debt.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Auctions for "100 unfranked stamps, no gum" appear regularly on eBay and approach close to the face value of the stamps. I'm really surprised that the buyers think it's worth the cost of Pritt sticks (often mentioned in the eBay listing). However, I don't recommend this sales route, as the "authorities" are known to watch eBay. I e-mailed the PO about these sales once but received no reply.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

I suppose that makes sense given the pound is the actual unit of currency.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

NI notes were rountinely refused everywhere in England until about a decade ago. Even now some places in London will refuse them. The cash dispensers in Aldergrove airport proudly displays a notice "Dispenses Bank of England notes", so you can stock up on "real money" for the numpties.

Reply to
Suz