OT - UKIP

Something on the telly to watch. http://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/2veprh/wildly_antiukip_channel_4_docudrama_ukip_the/
The smear campaign continues.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 04:12:56 +0000, harryagain wrote:

wildly_antiukip_channel_4_docudrama_ukip_the/

Good to see that you're waiting to actually watch it before condemning it.
Have you stopped to wonder why people might think that UKIP's full of wierdos, bigots and monomaniacs?
<thinks> Still, at least you've found your natural home.
On 12/02/15 08:50, Adrian wrote:

I thought we were talking about UKIP? You've just described all the parties...
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:03:18 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

True. But even more so.
On 12/02/2015 08:50, Adrian wrote:

TBH, it is a docudrama on Channel 4, so the chances of it being any good are not that high. :-) It is also obviously high in fantasy - it has an Asian woman MP in UKIP.
http://www.ge2015.co.uk/meet-the-ukip-candidates-hoping-to-change-uk-politics/#more-204

--
Colin Bignell

On 12/02/15 08:50, Adrian wrote:

No, its obvious. Because that is the narrative that has been created by those that own fund and advertise in the MSM to discredit them prior to the election.
Having met a great many ULKIP members candidates and MEPs it ois glaringly obvious that they are nothing like that at all.
OTOH having also met CP MPs it is also glaringly obvious that concern over their bank balances images and careers consistently outweighs concern for their electorate, or the country.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:50:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Yes, it is.

So why on _earth_ does Farridge keep allowing so many wierdos, bigots and monomaniacs to represent the party?
On 12/02/15 09:55, Adrian wrote:

*Farage* doesn't. The MSM scour the media for anything they can use to create the impression that he does.
Just about every time a rotten egg surfaces, it turns out he/she was a (deliberate?)refugee from another political party.
Its a simply ploy. Leave CP/Labour. Join UKIP who welcome you with open arms, wait for opportune moment to do most damage, then leave with an unpleasant accusation that fits the narrative. And as much inside informations as possible
Simples!

For some reason, I always think his name is Falange.

They don't seem to need to dig very deeply.

As only 15% of UKIP candidates are new to politics, it is hardly surprising that there are many who have transferred their allegiance from another party.

Alternatively, they simply are the sort of people who are naturally attracted to UKIP.
--
Colin Bignell

On 12/02/2015 10:24 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I amazes me that people find it so difficult to see that that is happening. The other parties are running scared of UKIP, and I can't ever recall them spending so much time trying every dirty trick in the book to blacken another party's name. However, the election will speak for itself, as indeed the recent by-elections already have - and a lot of people will have to eat their words. I just hope the result will give UKIP enough power to insist on an immediate referendum to get us out of Europe (as indeed it surely would), and to remove the other politicians' noses out of that particularly corrupt trough.
Strangely enough, the press and TV don't seem to be spending much time discussing why both Cameron and Milligram are working so hard to stay in an organisation whose auditors have refused to sign off the books for fourteen years on the trot.
--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:54:32 +0000, Bob Henson wrote:

Umm, there's only one party who've said they'll have a referendum. And it ain't UKIP.
Personally, I hope we _do_ have a referendum asap. But, then, I have faith that sanity will prevail and we'll stay in the EU. Perhaps, then, we can actually spend some time focussing on important stuff instead of having this bollocks waste so much time. But I don't hold my breath.
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:40:38 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Strong political argument there!
Charlie.
--
He who throws dirt loses ground.

On 12/02/2015 09:55, Adrian wrote:

He probably has no more wierdos etc. than any other political party. What he doesn't have is the 3 line whip system to keep them in check.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

Ahhh - a conspiracy; that explains it.
--
Colin Bignell

On 12/02/2015 08:50, Adrian wrote:

Given that TNP and harry like UKIP then its best to vote for anyone else.
On 12/02/2015 20:21, Dennis@home wrote:

> Hmm! Is that method your idea of an intelligent way to decide who to vote for? :-)
On 12/02/2015 04:12, harryagain wrote:

Channel 4 did offer Nigel Farage the chance to reply in an interview with Jon Snow to be shown after the programme. He has declined the offer.
--
Colin Bignell

On 12/02/15 09:14, Nightjar <"cpb"@ wrote:

NOT addressed to you Colin - but a general muttering...
Labour f*ck up the economy *every time*[1] they get in.
The tories f*ck everyone over including the NHS every time.
The Libs had their chance but sold their bumhole to the highest bidder then spent the next years lying over a barrel.
The Greens f*ck everything up without even being in power.
Now - tell me again why UKIP (or any other fringe party) are somehow worse that all this?
[1] This time was special - they might have had the choice not to get involved in the vanity wars and save a fortune, but they might still have been caught out by the bank crisis.
On 12/02/2015 10:53, Tim Watts wrote:

They want to take us out of the EU for a start. They also don't seem to have any polices, other than opposition to immigration and the EU. That is not enough of a basis to run a country. However, it is not whether they are any worse, but why should anybody support them over one of the mainstream parties unless they were significantly better?
--
Colin Bignell