OT : TV licensing - must I compy?

No, they send letters to addresses without a licence which they have no record of there *not* being a TV installed.

not if you have one in the house. So, if

But people, who have never bought a TV whilst living at the address, have received letters.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Hey, we could hold our next uk.d-i-y meet there!

Reply to
Grunff

Looks like we have a political movement getting off the ground here

get yourselves down to

raden

"roger" wrote | AIUI that Swiss Army Knife wasn't actually a knife at all | but a tool set of some sort with a lockable blade and it | was the lockable blade that upset the plod although the | baton is probably the more serious offence in that it | doesn't have any legitimate use.

If a baton has no legitimate use, then many police officers must be breaking the law by carrying offensive weapons.

Oh, one law for ....

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Lurch writes

Absolutely not true

Reply to
raden

The signal is picked up from spurious emissions from the set and not from the aerial. The accuracy of location is very precise at TV frequencies, so determining which room on which floor is very easy. You could do it with a hand held receiver at those frequencies.

No, it must come from the front end of the receivers local oscillator. That way, they can say which channel you are watching. The set's IF is a constant for every channel.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Do not get me started on that one...

Reply to
Grunff

Why ?.... :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , Dave writes

I really did mean LO, and only though about it after I had posted

that's alcohol for you

now go switch your computer off and drink some everyone.

Reply to
raden

I think you have very little idea how superhet mixers work.

Reply to
Huge

Well..... how about telling us then, as you seem to be saying they you do know how they work....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish, lobster, long piglet, or what have you. Cook on low for 15 minutes, then allow it to set for at least 15 minutes more. Serve over steamed rice; this dish is very impressive!

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Babies really can be found under a cabbage leaf - or one can arrange for ground beef to be found there instead.

8 large cabbage leaves 1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck Onions peppers celery garlic soy sauce salt pepper, etc Olive oil breadcrumbs Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften. In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil, then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely) and season well. Place in a large bowl and cool. Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy, enough to make the mixture pliable. Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll. Place seam down in a baking pan. Ladle tomato gravy on top, and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child, so why not consume it? Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts) 4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese Flour eggwash (milk and eggs) seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

crust (see index) Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed Onions, bell pepper, celery ½ cup wine Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you will need one for the top also). Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones. Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth. Brown the onions, peppers and celery. Add the meat then season, continue browning. De-glaze with sherry, add the reduced broth. Finally, put in the root vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Place the pie pan in 375 degree oven for a few minutes so bottom crust is not soggy, reduce oven to 325. Fill the pie with stew, place top crust and with a fork, seal the crusts together then poke holes in top. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.

Sudden Infant Death Soup

SIDS: delicious in winter, comparable to old fashioned Beef and Vegetable Soup.

Reply to
roger

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

AIUI the original report was in the Spectator but it was crossposted (verbatim I think) to a number of ngs including uk.rec.walking here I read it and the subsequent lengthy discussion. Not at home atm so unable to spend time searching for it myself but I am fairly sure swiss army knife was in the title of the thread.

From what I remember the story was that as well as the so called swiss army knife the plod found a collapsible baton within the briefcase that the owner claimed he had got for protection at home (itself of questionable legality) and had only put it in his briefcase to keep it away from his young daughter who had found it and was playing with it.

I don't have any truck with such offensive weapons. However I do find that the most convenient place to store my ice axe is close to my bedhead.

Reply to
roger

salt black, white and cayenne peppers celery salt garlic powder parsley flakes brown sugar

1 teaspoon sage 2 onions 6 cloves garlic bunch green onions, chopped

Cut the children?s butts and the beef roast into pieces that will fit in the grinder. Run the meat through using a 3/16 grinding plate. Add garlic, onions and seasoning then mix well. Add just enough water for a smooth consistency, then mix again. Form the sausage mixture into patties or stuff into natural casings.

Stillborn Stew

By definition, this meat cannot be had altogether fresh, but have the lifeless unfortunate available immediately after delivery, or use high quality beef or pork roasts (it is cheaper and better to cut up a whole roast than to buy stew meat).

1 stillbirth, de-boned and cubed ¼ cup vegetable oil 2 large onions bell pepper celery garlic ½ cup red wine 3 Irish potatoes 2 large carrots

This is a simple classic stew that makes natural gravy, thus it does not have to be thickened. Brown the meat quickly in very hot oil, remove and set aside. Brown the onions, celery, pepper and garlic. De-glaze with wine, return meat to the pan and season well. Stew on low fire adding small amounts of water and seasoning as necessary. After at least half an hour

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human, although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its

10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)

2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove. Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit. Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock. Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce. You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets, top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper. Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand, you can use a pound of ground pork instead. The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork 3 lb. ground beef 1 cup finely chopped onions 7 - 12 cloves garlic 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs ½ cup milk, 2 eggs Oregano basil salt pepper Italian seasoning, etc. Tomato gravy (see index) Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats

Reply to
Huge

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 00:44:33 GMT, raden strung together this:

I think you'll find it is actually.

Reply to
Lurch

No, that's why we have prisons and stuff. Now for goodness sake show the buggers a photocopy of the last lisence you bought to go with the last repeats you saw and bury this bloody thread out in the snow somewhere!

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In message , Lurch writes

Well I'm telling you from personal experience, having never purchased any kind of receiving equipment at my factory, and being continually pestered by them, that you're wrong

Reply to
raden

Perhaps they use the postcode database as well.?

Reply to
Andy Hall