OT -The Hum

Here is the diesel generator noise that I recorded. It's only 300K.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=lk39v&s=3
They now face the ships the other way around so that the exhaust points away from me. I can hardly hear it any more!
The "noise" that is on Wikipedia is not a real hum noise, it's just generated by a university lecturer who admits that he can't hear the real noise.

Oddly enough a friend experienced this last night. In the end, the duration and some of the quality of the noise made her think that a neighbour must have been running a washing machine in the middle of the night to use off-peak electricity.
Colin Bignell