OT. The Harold Wison trick.

On 26/03/15 09:37, Adrian wrote:

They have, on endless occasions, . But what can they do if the media simply fail to report them, or simply lie and say they haven't any, or pick one line out of someone's mouth and twist it onto some ludicrous scare story.
And a manifesto is the most

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:42:47 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Traditionally it was. Now we have things called "websites".
--
Les

Anything Liebour comes up with will be drivel. It always is.

From what they have said they will do if they are the government.
On 25/03/15 19:52, john james wrote:

The other parties don't need to have policies: the EU will tell them what to rubber stamp.
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:25:50 +0000, harryagain wrote:

Do you have the first clue how far UK territorial waters, and UK fisheries limits, actually extend?
http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/images/ukoffshoreboundaries_lg.jpg
...or, rather, don't extend?
By being EU members, playing nicely with other EU countries and sharing territorial waters with them, we get access _on level terms_ to all of THESE waters...
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45313000/gif/
_45313580_fisheries_466.gif

There's three statements there. Which one is a lie, Harry?
Adrian wrote:

    So you wish to see our fishing industry completely put out of business? What is your nationality?

Our fishing industry is perfectly capable of doing that on its own.
--
*Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

    This is based on your own experience?

Based on as much experience as yours.
--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

    How do you establish that?

How to you establish any different?
If you're going to claim some special inside knowledge of the fishing industry' please give your qualifications for doing so.
Otherwise, mine which implied the UK industry was over fishing to the point where it would destroy itself stands. Of course, not just the UK industry. Hence to the need to control catches.
--
*Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP .

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

    Fishing family for centuries.
On 25/03/2015 11:15, Capitol wrote:

I expect it based upon looking at the causes of the decline. Fish stocks showed a dramatic drop in the late 1970s, which can be directly attributed to strong investment in new and more efficient fishing equipment. The stocks were already fragile. They reduced even faster when fished with greater efficiency. The fishing industry in Britain and elsewhere has been the instrument of its own decline.
--
Colin Bignell

Nightjar <cpb@ wrote:

    The British fishing industry decline is the result of the common fisheries policy of the EU.

Correct, the Frogs and Spanish came in and decimated our stocks.
On 25/03/2015 16:07, Capitol wrote:

It started to decline in the 1930s. How can you twist that to blame the EU?
--
Colin Bignell

Nightjar <cpb@ wrote:

    The facts speak for themselves.
On 25/03/2015 21:32, Capitol wrote:

Indeed they do and I have given them above. The decline of the UK fishing industry follows a Hubbert curve, which is a clear indication of over exploitation of a resource that is either not renewable or renews only at a very slow rate.
--
Colin Bignell