OT: Text Message Rant

It's entirely historical and it won't work any more.

Reply to
Googolplex

A text can be a good way to pass information to someone without them having to receive the message at that time and where an interactive session is not required. Also, so they dont have to spend time getting their voicemail. I agree they are expensive however. CM.

Reply to
Charles Middleton

Orange now do a "text bundle" which is cheaper if you average >~ 1/day.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

It takes my wife more than a day to type in a text message ;-)

Reply to
Mike

It only works for texting from northern Scotland to Norway, because it's closer than London.

Not many people know that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Could come in handy for TV call-ins. We can pick up Norwegian television whenever our local tower fails.

:)

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Really? But your right on the north part of the mainland, aren't you Sheila, as opposed to Orkney/Shetland?

Does the local transmitter have to have failed or can you get Norwegian TV anyway.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Really!!

Yes, on the Kyle of Tongue - on a clear day, I can see Orkney.

I've only noticed it when the local transmitter is off. It's not a very good signal, though - the picture's fuzzy.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister