OT: Tes**'s, relentless onslaught ..?

Our local Safeways (as was) is markedly less busy now that it is Morrisons.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Exactly, so I should keep away if I were you.

Reply to
Andy Hall

supermarkets.

Just common sense. Come back a year after they have merged the two supermarkets. Until then speculation that it is going to the wall is just plain silly.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We are at well over a year beyond the point when they said it would be done. The continuing decline of the share price and impatience of the financial analysts are completely clear. Most have sell recommendations.

Investors don't wait - especially the managed funds, pension schemes etc.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Looks like yet another back hand job. I remember one of the first visitors to congratulate TB in Downing street was an american computer software vendor. This led to complete government rejection of any other software, and the reliance on a single foreign vendor.

I remember the first visit to a foreign land of a previous incumbent of Downing Street(after deposal) was to Switzerland. I wait to see where the current incumbent goes in similar circumstances.

Reply to
<me9

Oh dear - I spend more than that a week on Coke...

Reply to
Geoffrey

The PM cannot be blamed as he was only doing what millions of others were doing and dumping quality UK software, firmware and hardware (you missed the extent of the problem) for rubbish US equivalents. The US were much better at lying^H^H^H^H^Hsalesmanship than we were.

The fact that the UK are paying more per annum to rent access to software than it would cost to buy much better systems outright is ...

..pure coincidence?

Reply to
John Cartmell

Impossible, unless they have a man in a little shed in the car-park keeping commuter parking at bay ... ? ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I was gonna say .. 15 quid a line isn't it? ;-)

All the best

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ah, understand now .. thanks Rod ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Not just in the south ... and I've been guilty of using 2 hours free parking at our local Morrisons. A bottle of gin (for instance0 is quick to buy and satisfies the parking rate.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You can still park, buy a bottle of gin, sit in the car and finish it in two hours then Mary! ;-)

(and you re-use the brown paper bag of course)

All the best (hic) ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Never thought about that ... hmm ... is that achallenge?

I always refuse bags.

Whey are you not surprised?

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Bugger

Oh dear - I spend more than that a week on Diet Coke and chocolate biscuits...

Reply to
Geoffrey

You must be buzzing 24/7 :) I used to like Coke a lot, still do. These these days I'm more into cappuchino/espresso, usually pay £12 or £13 for a kilo of decent beans.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Not Wotton-under-edge is it? I work there. Tesco kicked out the post office counter when they converted the 1-stop to a tesco express (it was

1 of the few post offices left in the area, but they've found new premises). The tesco is unnecessary (and I've no intention of using it) as there's a co-op a few doors up the road.
Reply to
Chris Hodges

No this one is in Waltham Abbey (Essex) though I've not seen it myself.

Tesco kicked out the post

I'll have to admit that's another place (The P.O) I try to avoid whenever possible.

If I do need to go in for car tax etc then 3pm seems to about the best time .. when the old folk and back home and the school runners are blocking the road elsewhere.

The tesco is unnecessary (and I've no intention of using it)

And what's all this with Tesco and hairdryers for £8 .. Argos do two for under £6.49?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

You're looking at hair dryers???

I never do and I have hair ...

;-)

mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Thanks .. 'follically challenged' I believe we say these days .. ;-)

It was just that Tesco have been doing an ad on TV about an £8 hair dryer .. ?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Bald, I call it. An excess of testosterone.Your virility's poking through ... Well, that's how I explain Spouse's pate. He always says grass doesn't grow on a busy street ...

Well, as you know, I wouldn't.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher