OT: synthesising nerve agents

Our government seems to think that no one other than the Russians can synthesise Novichok agents. This strikes me as unlikely. Are they really *that* hard to synthesis that they need the might of the Russian empire to create them or could any decent organic chemist rustle up a batch?
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

And would he survive the process? All faithful supporters of Isis and Al Qaeda should have a go. But looking up a method might bring some unexpected visitors to your door.
--

Chris

On 18/03/18 14:05, Chris Hogg wrote:

Damn.
Actually what you do is make two chemicals, both harmless until put together as I understand it. I'd imagine so many people have been looking for this info, if the security forces visited everyone who googles it they will be very busy for a very long time.
There seems to be no secret these things exist, often they are made by accident when looking for legitimate new drugs of course but the clever folk spot the pitfall by its formula and so do not actually make it in an insecure environment. Brian
--
----- -
On 18/03/18 13:39, Tim+ wrote:

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid 93
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:07:13 +0000, Richard

Knock knock! :-)
--

Chris

On 18/03/18 14:12, Chris Hogg wrote:

Yeah, but they can't really sneak up with those big green suits on.
Mary Hopkin I claim my prize. Brian
--
----- -

What does the Express, Mail and Sun say? Isn't it up to them to dictate facts, guilt and innocence?
Who needs chemists for WMD's and the like?
AB
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:18:37 +0000, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

The Express is in turmoil after it was recently taken over by what was formerly The Mirror Group.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On 14:36 18 Mar 2018, Martin wrote:

Should be interesting. Editors of the Express and Star have already gone. The Express was almost the UKIP house paper, so I wonder what will happen to it now.
Yes I imagine right now they are finding a feasible way to export this stuff. The main candidate would be bubble wrap bubbles. Brian
--
----- -
On Monday, 19 March 2018 10:20:55 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

Fortunately Russia isn't a big exporter on ebay yet.
But we're in big trouble if we ever fall out with China.
Owain
On 10:20 19 Mar 2018, Brian Gaff wrote:

Talking of which, there seem to be some people who get pleasure from popping bubble wrap bubbles. I don't understand it but there are apps and games to do it.
I wonder if it's some form of OCD or perhaps a type of mild addiction.
pamela wrote:

Only some? Most, I'd have said ...

Until bubble wrap, it was only possible to get the same pleasure by popping dry bladder wrack at the sea side
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 12:17:11 +0000, pamela wrote:

Freud would have an opinion on that ...
On 14:08 19 Mar 2018, Bob Eager wrote:

It's got to be something psychological but I just don't understand the appeal.
I sometimes get those chunky strips of air pillow packaging in a delivery. I almost wonder if those bubbles are being wasted and if I should ask my neighbour or a passer-by if they want to pleasure fix by popping them before I throw them in the wheelie bin.
Channel 4 likes documentaries on the weird people and it can't be too long before they have a programme on people addicted to popping bubble wrap.
pamela wrote:

Save them for when next door's dog is barking/howling, then stamp on a few ...
On 03:10 20 Mar 2018, Andy Burns wrote:

What if the dog is also addicted and enjoys the sound? :)