OT. SS non-stick saucepans

Agreed. We bought a set of three during the first weeks of QVC for £16 and wouldn't be without them now.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

You burn things in them?

I have to agree with most of that, but I do use MMM's metal abrasive to clean them. It is available in the sheds as a metal abrasive and is usually coloured green and known as Scotchbright.

Wife successfully uses our SS frying pan for her plaice, and that has never stuck to the fish.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Do you know why?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

But so do SS pans.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

snipped

Probably a variety of reason such as having pot washers and knowing how to look after their food so it doesn't get burned . But I'm sure you'll tell us if you know the reasons .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

After 24 years, perhaps it's time to start using them. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

Well, well, well, what a fascinating bunch of guys you all are. Apart from everything else, the KnowledgeBase in this DIY group extends right through into the female world of the kitchen and the utensils used there.

I cook quite a bit and haven't a clue about what pans we have - steel yes, but manufacturer and type, no. Aluminium got kicked into touch many years ago because of it's corrosion.

I'm not really terribly sure if I see the point of non-stick saucepans

- cook carefully and an ordinary pan washes out perfectly easily.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Sexist nonsense!

Most professional cooks are men, so it is very much a male-dominated profession.

Reply to
Bruce

In message , robert writes

Yup, we have some Circulon ones here as well, they are still doing well.

Other than scrathcing, what seems to do for the non-stick is overheating, this seems to be mostly problem with frying pans though

Reply to
chris French

Used daily since then: Stellar or Stella, they are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So is gynaecology ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , TheOldFellow writes

But, the scratches mean that aluminium bits are getting into your food and there are serious concerns over the use of aluminium pans and links to health problems!

Reply to
Frank Spencer

No there aren't.

Huge

happily drink Aludrox for an acid stomach and will drink water from the tap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

... in Camelford.

(This is not in any way evidence that aluminium pots and pans cause health issues.)

Reply to
Rod