OT: slightly Legal ways to water the garden

I thought this was the case everywhere (where there's a hosepipe ban) and in particular my area which is supplied by 3 valleys. Going on their website now though says something like "after some legal consultment filling water butts with a hose is NOT allowed under a hosepipe ban". Whether that is just their interpretation or the actual law though is another thing but I guess moot as they can probably make the rules up as they go along.

Reply to
adder1969

I can't say I've seen a leak round here for years? (as in water pouring out into / up from the road)?

If nothing it will remind them where they are Andy ;-)

LOL

The frustrating thing for me is water is probably given a lower priority than say gas because if it leaks it (generally) doesn't kill anyone? We have recently had all the roads up around here while they thread new plastic gas pipes up the steel / iron ones. Meanwhile the water pipes remain 'as is'?

The other frustration is that they wait till these '150 year old pipes' are 150 years old and leaking *before* they do anything about them .. poxy bean counters running the world now though eh ..? ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

And along from that do we know anyone that has actually been prosecuted for ignoring the ban?

I mean, how come all these hand car wash places are still running? I believe in Germany the only place you can get your car washed is in an official 'car wash' (maybe only during a water shortage or summat) because all their water is re-cycled locally? (Not like the hand wash places here were it all goes straight down the drain). If *I* was in power, folk wanting to wash their cars during a water shortage should only be able to do it from sealed bottle water bottles they bring with them. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's true - one is only allowed to wash one's car at an offical licenced car washing place. I wondered why I was gettting funny looks from people when I washed mine with a hose outside my house when I was first there. It's soemthing to do with the detergent getting into the system rather than conservation.

Reply to
adder1969

Makes Part Pee look positively libertarian

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ironically, my bathroom there had a washing machine and open electrical sockets in it and I melted another socket (in the kitchen) by plugging in an iron.

..and the germans are relaxed compared to the Swiss....

Reply to
adder1969