OT: slightly dyson DC01 about to die, time to replace

Ooer missus!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

But all the inconvieneance of a tub vac - separate bits to carry about the place, and you are tethered to the sucking bit by a hose.

Sounds almost as good as my DC14 then ;-) (also top fill, clean fan, cleans everything (including a whole flight of stairs with the machine at the bottom), and parts don't seem that expensive). The 4" turbine head is also very good for stairs, cars, and upholstory etc. On the down side it is the same weight as the Sebo, but it is easy to pick up as its a single unit.

Awesome!

Indeed! Wish I had the space to use it! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm
[Lots about vacuum cleaners...]

">Respect

Reply to
John

You forgot.

LENGTH X WIDTH X HEIGHT (CM) 104x75x97 WEIGHT (KG) 51

i.e utterly useless except where there are acres of carpet and no furniture.

Does that weight include the 23 metre long mains lead? - I've come across shorter high voltage transmission lines.

Reply to
Matt

>>> Two 1000w vac motors, a 250w brush motor, 65 cm cleaning width,

I didn't forget - I used to sell them :-)

My post was a little tounge in cheek. Acres of carpet is what they were designed for - in the USA. Used in big hotel corridor, conference centres, exhibition venues, some schools etc.

There is a battery operated ride on version :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman